Baptists New Porsche

Baptist

I know the RMS issue is carried over from other engines, but never heard of detonating engines from any of the Porsche sites.

I know, and I found it strange when this friend of mine was saying it's 'well known' but there's little out in the public domain about it. He was racing in the Porsche GT championship last year and his team mate runs / ran a dealership and explained it all. Despite it, he picked up an 04 Cabriolet (don't worry, we gave him stick!!) and sure enough the very thing happened. Apparently the drive shaft vibrates (not entirely sure what causes that bit) and it has a knock on effect through the engine. His actually spat bits down the exhaust. :headhurt: As long as your 2 year warranty is in place, it makes no difference..... :)

Anyway, this detracts from the fact you've replaced a gorgeous Zed with the car you want. In my book, that's great, and really hope you enjoy it. :thumbs:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just shows that any car can suffer mechanical failure no matter what brand it is.

Yeah, they are the Turbo wheels, all spec'd up by the director of Porsche Sheffield. He ticked most of the boxes and drove the car for 1500 miles, then sold it on as dealers do.

Best car Ive ever driven, no danger.

Its more fun than my old zed, as you can exploit all the power all the time, and point to point, not much will touch it, the handling/pace is mind boggling.

Well happy.:teeth:

Just shows that any car can suffer mechanical failure no matter what brand it is.

Yeah, they are the Turbo wheels, all spec'd up by the director of Porsche Sheffield. He ticked most of the boxes and drove the car for 1500 miles, then sold it on as dealers do.

Best car Ive ever driven, no danger.

Its more fun than my old zed, as you can exploit all the power all the time, and point to point, not much will touch it, the handling/pace is mind boggling.

Well happy.:teeth:

Lets get it on :teeth:

No, nothing but positive threads about the car.

Having said that, management have somewhat changed since BMWgate, when you were there, Kev. :)

Lets not start all that again, anyway. ;)

Start.....You won't find that kind of behaviour here... :teeth:

Bah, they're only jealous of people moving up and getting nicer cars. As am I but if I stay nice I might get a go in one some day. Most exotic car I've been in other than the Zed is a Delorian :teeth::yahoo:

:lol: and what year did you hit Marty or wouldnt the prof let you drive? ;)

For me I think it was a mistake for Porsche to ditch the tear drop head lamps and return to the oval. But that's just me. I still want one.

No way :scare: Teardrop 996's looked like shitey boxsters, the 997 returns the Porsche to the classic shape of 993's & before IMHO :D

There has only ever been one everyday supercar, end of.......... :thumbs:

For me I think it was a mistake for Porsche to ditch the tear drop head lamps and return to the oval. But that's just me. I still want one.

No way :scare: Teardrop 996's looked like shitey boxsters, the 997 returns the Porsche to the classic shape of 993's & before IMHO :D

The new Boxster has the same headlights though....doh..... :lol:

Bah, they're only jealous of people moving up and getting nicer cars. As am I but if I stay nice I might get a go in one some day. Most exotic car I've been in other than the Zed is a Delorian :teeth::yahoo:

:lol: and what year did you hit Marty or wouldnt the prof let you drive? ;)

I could barely see over the wheel, never mind drive, I think I was about 10yrs, if that :lol: I'll dig out the pics and try and get them scanned in :thumbs:

The new Boxster has the same headlights though....doh..... :lol:

No they haven't. ;)