Baptists New Porsche

Baptist

Just thought I'd let everyone know that my zed is now under new ownership. Its gone to a good home, and that makes me a happy man.

Why did I sell? well, after spending all that money on the car, it just left me a bit cold, the thought and doing of it wasnt as enjoyable as the finished article. Had fun along the way, but wouldnt undertake something like that again.

:)

Not spilling the beans on who it is then, mate? ;)

What's next for you?

Oh hell no, its no secret, its a member of the OC (Speed67), very nice fella and a true enthusiast, im happy to the home its gone too.

Got my new car before the zed went.

997 4S. :D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd let everyone know that my zed is now under new ownership. Its gone to a good home, and that makes me a happy man.

Why did I sell? well, after spending all that money on the car, it just left me a bit cold, the thought and doing of it wasnt as enjoyable as the finished article. Had fun along the way, but wouldnt undertake something like that again.

:)

Not spilling the beans on who it is then, mate? ;)

What's next for you?

Oh hell no, its no secret, its a member of the OC (Speed67), very nice fella and a true enthusiast, im happy to the home its gone too.

Got my new car before the zed went.

997 4S. :D

Only said that because Paul W was so cagey last time I saw him! ;)

Nice Porker. White is the new Azure, eh!

Yeah, looks great, best car ive ever driven, without shadow of a doubt.

I always liked the look of the 997, especially with the aerokit, then I drove one. All the hype is justified.

Huge spec, and tubi mufflers. A happy man.:teeth:

I always liked the look of the 997, especially with the aerokit, then I drove one. All the hype is justified.

Plenty of Porsche-haters around on these Zed sites but I'm glad to say I'm not one. Enjoy. :thumbs:

Plenty of Porsche-haters around on these Zed sites but I'm glad to say I'm not one. Enjoy. :thumbs:

I just love the 911 GT3. :blush:

And I'll bet none of them have driven one/owned one. ;)

Yep Lovely car. . . .

agreed a Z is a Z . . . . if turbo kits were not such a huge expense and risky for these cars it may seem like smaller decision to make, a 'hell why not' idea, but £10K+ and the upkeep make it really a labour of love, or. . . a money kit and you can end up becoming a little bit like the Nova boys in south end. . . .

good you have known where to draw the line. .

be warned though . . . im sure in the future the 'lets fiddle with it' bug will return in a lighter form . . .your obviously a car enthusiast after all

Jamie

You dont mess with these things, it just ruins the resale, I wont do it again. Its perfect from factory, thats what you pay the money for.

The kit is the factory Aero kit, everything on it is factory, except Techart springs, and a tubi exhaust. ;)

Awesome car mate. I love Porkers and would love to have a GT3 RS one day. A while back we took my mates Evo VIII to the track and the couple of GT3 RS's that were there sailed passed us as if we were standing still, simply amazing. Also where I saw and fell in love with the Zed :teeth: Porker will have to wait until I have some more money unfortunately.

Nice to see you back, you know my thoughts on your Zed and it still stands.

I've tried Porkers recently, and albeit the drive is very good, I can't justify the cost of them at the moment. I'd rather have second hand 360.

That said, looks like you've chosen a great combo and although the shape has never done it for me I can see it's got great appeal. You say no tinkering, wait until someone appears with a RUF or a 9ff!! ;)

Enjoy it, looks good! :thumbs:

I've tried Porkers recently, and albeit the drive is very good, I can't justify the cost of them at the moment. I'd rather have second hand 360.

IMO 360 modena is old design;poor quality build & workmanship; stupid runing costs, cant really compare to new to 997 or new F430. I would stay well away from older model Ferraris like the plague, unless you have very deep pockets :scare:

IMO 360 modena is old design;poor quality build & workmanship; stupid runing costs, cant really compare to new to 997 or new F430. I would stay well away from older model Ferraris like the plague, unless you have very deep pockets :scare:

Granted, and each to their own I guess. All Ferrari's have stupid running costs, just like all supercars. Am sure Sarnie will be seeing fuel / insurance / servicing costs rocketing. But you buy them because they are a piece of art. If I wanted something to beat anything out there, I'd get an Evo FQ god-knows-what. Next the the F430 there isn't a huge difference, and to me the front lights on the Porker look like a Corolla at the moment. It's either £100k on a F430 or £55k on a 360 and be able to afford running it. ;)

I bought this car as I love the way it drives, the way it looks and how its put together. Also, its my only car and I need something that isnt going to let me down. This is the only true performance car that can do it all, cruise, track, etc and not let you down. Running costs are very reasonable, 20k service intervals, insurance the same as the modded zed. Yes its not as powerful as my old zed, but its too easy to get stuck on pub figures, their is a very good reason why this car is nearly 3 times as expensive as a zed, its a thoroughbred car, and engineered to perfection. Its so much quicker than the figures suggest, goes like a rocket, and the noise is just divine.

I love Ferrari's, but they arent every day cars, and are a bag of @*!# in terms of reliability and running costs. A mate of mine just put his 355 in for a minor service and got a bill for 4.5k!

I'll have a Ferrari as a weekend toy one day, though. :)

The exhaust and springs were fitted by the previous owner. If you buy a car like this, modifying just doesnt improve it (exhaust etc are not really mods in my opinion), Porsche know what they are doing.

I bought this car as I love the way it drives, the way it looks and how its put together. Also, its my only car and I need something that isnt going to let me down. This is the only true performance car that can do it all, cruise, track, etc and not let you down. Running costs are very reasonable, 20k service intervals, insurance the same as the modded zed. Yes its not as powerful as my old zed, but its too easy to get stuck on pub figures, their is a very good reason why this car is nearly 3 times as expensive as a zed, its a thoroughbred car, and engineered to perfection. Its so much quicker than the figures suggest, goes like a rocket, and the noise is just divine.

I love Ferrari's, but they arent every day cars, and are a bag of @*!# in terms of reliability and running costs. A mate of mine just put his 355 in for a minor service and got a bill for 4.5k!

I'll have a Ferrari as a weekend toy one day, though. :)

The exhaust and springs were fitted by the previous owner. If you buy a car like this, modifying just doesnt improve it (exhaust etc are not really mods in my opinion), Porsche know what they are doing.

100% agree! :thumbs:

Except the engineered to perfection - 997's have a known problem with loose drive shafts detonating engines. Carried over from the 996 and Boxsters apparently. My mate had a new engine two months ago on his 3 yr old 996. Porsche very quickly dumped a new engine in!! ;):)