Never been so angry

Dean_1983

Ok sooo let me paint the picture

Today I spent 6 hours fully detaining my car ... Wash , clay , polish and I used a sealant that will give protection for ah

Round a year ... Took my car to Livingston to use my uncle garage

Then when I got home to uddingston this happened

Pulled into the tesco garage to lift money for 5 a side tonight , when standing at the cash point I watched a guy in a BMW Reverse into the front of my car ... I stood for a second in shock ! THEN the guy looked in his mirrors and tried to drive away ! This snapped me back into action and I ran in front of his car .... He stopped I shouted / threatened to drag him out the car ( not good from me ) ... After he got out we spoke a bit .. Mostly him saying it would rub out ! Me telling him to shut his face and get his docs ... I haven't calmed down at this point

Lady from tesco came out and said there is a really good repair center at the back of the tesco so I decided to take the car round for a quote to get it sorted ... £120 was the quote

I told the guy that I want 200 to end the matter now ( the extra was for the hassle of being without my car while the car is sorted )

Sooo here are some pics of my handy work and the damage ...

Thanks for letting me vent vyme9epa.jpg just washed the car

bave4amu.jpg drying stage y9a4abam.jpg9eja9ave.jpg after polishing stage

guqa5age.jpg

Some finished shots 2u3u8y8a.jpgnanytuzy.jpg3equha9e.jpgaja2e8y6.jpg

And the damage ... Actually gutted ! Hope to get her fixed soon ada7uvaj.jpgeryredun.jpgytybeqaj.jpgyjy8ujuj.jpg last one of the moron who can't use mirrors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

what a bloody prick the bmw owner trying to get away :rant:...annoying but most of the drivers will try to walk away although they see the damage.

glad you were there to catch him. :boxing:

Sorry to hear about your car,if you want a top notch repair at a great price take it to William at touchups in polmadie he's a perfectionist,does all vag show cars and higher end cars,check out touchups on facebook......

Drive into his face and say it's ok it will polish out

Ha ha love that! What a **** polish out!!! You did well to stay calm,, also you never know the damage underneath,did you actually see how hard he hit you?...

Drive into his face and say it's ok it will polish out

Ha ha love that! What a **** polish out!!! You did well to stay calm,, also you never know the damage underneath,did you actually see how hard he hit you?...

Actually when you compare pics, you can see the gap between bumper and wing as it nears head light is out :-(

Actually when you compare pics, you can see the gap between bumper and wing as it nears head light is out :-(

Yes, spotted that. I don't know how the bumper is held in place but it could just be a bent bracket.

Pete

Yes, spotted that. I don't know how the bumper is held in place but it could just be a bent bracket.

Pete

Yeah but I'd still get it checked rather than polished out. Was rear ended last year in a CLCk, Clio was facked mine looked ok, but actually caused quite a bit of damage that you couldn't see. Obviously fingers crossed not the case on this occasion, just saying.

Good job on stopping the guy. Bit of a chancer trying to drive off then saying it'll rub out! Cheeky sod! I think personally I'd have gone through insurance. I know it can affect your own premium in some cases despite it not being your fault, but you never know what's lurking underneath. Hopefully the £200 you got will cover everything required and leave you with a bit of change in your pocket. I'm guessing its a full bumper respray job or are you going for a 'smart' repair and blend in? Could be an opportunity to smooth the bumper and lose the plate holder.......

Hope it goes ok though.

Doh! This would make me so angry if someone did that to me. It looks like a lot of that damage is paint transfer, does any of it come off?

When I first got my Z I parked up the drive at my girlfriends house and needed to move her Mothers car out the way and ended up reversing against my own bloody car in it! Luckily it polished out, it looked a hell of a lot worse than it was, but I was so annoyed with myself at the time.

What's the mark down the drivers door? Is it a reflection or a graze?

I'm afraid I would not have agreed any money based upon a back street garage. I would have taken it to the main dealer to get sorted out as he is at fault and should pay the full cost, if not put it through the insurance, you won't loose NCB cos it's his fault.

I had to adjust my bumper a few years ago when mine got caught on the ladders in the garage, as far as I recall it was quite easy.

• Like 1

Mmm ok so I have had a chance to calm down ... Soon looking back I should have told him to stick his money and go thru the insurance ... I'd get the whole bumper done at a minimum and a hire car while mine is in getting repaired ... And like a few have said who knows what damage is underneath .. Probably none but you don't know till it's been inspected ! Thinking of contacting my insurer and taking it the official route and giving him his cash back

And yeah the quote I was given is for a " smart repair " so not the full bumper !

Don't think I was thinking straight after he hit the car , all I have is his reg and his street name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Years ago pre zed similar happened to me at the gym car park.

A friend caught someone trying to drive off after denting my wing.

Boxed him in, called me, followed by me and a dozen black belt clad "ninjas" running towards the perp.

We drove him to his flat to prove his ID.

NO INSURANCE!

I took his car off him until I got the quote for repair and the cash off him.

This was in my "young and angry" days though :lol:

Edited by HEADPHONES