Lyndsey's Z "I'm only going to paint the wheels" Chargespeed rear P6!

Lyndzzz

• 4 months later...

Okay so as you can see my build thread came to a halt a few months ago!! I've still not fitted the spats, although they are painted, but what with one thing or another I was in 2 minds as to whether I was keeping the zed or not. You may have even seen my for sale thread up last week. Anyway, I'm keeping her but whilst I'm at Uni and unable to work project zed is going to have to wait.

I did spend some quality time with the car today with a good wash and polish then took her for a spin. To be honest I drove it like I'd stolen it and now know I'm keeping it as long as I can!! This will be the last post on this for a while but just to maintain the updates I'm adding a pic of the head unit I installed earlier in the year and some from today just cos I can :p

DSC_0464_zpsbofd9c02.jpgDSC_0467_zpsjr7qc15o.jpg

P1060084_zpsqz4wd4ii_edit_1431280627950_zpsxzrwo7ps.jpg

• Like 4

Looks great lyndzzz and I'm glad your keeping it , I was a bit shocked when I saw the for sale post! :)

+1

I'll be working in Gateshead for three months from tomorrow, so will keep my eyes open for you and your Zed :thumbs:

Edited by 14N
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

So I've not been modding recently but I have been enjoying the zed. One minor issue it had that has always bugged me but I never got to sorting until today was the cloudy headlights! Poor pictures SS they were an afterthought but over the moon with the results :thumbs:

Before

a24defd9eb6f3ee9efef7f36ad0e6fd6.jpg

6a0cc7132d08367e615251c2fc838241.jpg

After

4b0243c796e96cddf087ae3dae83dd74.jpg

b27f1a7483bd72743000111fd27a7e8a.jpg

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Headlights look so much better Lyndzzz.

I agree with Stu though if you haven't put some type of UV protection on they will eventually go cloudy again. I used "Turtle Wax Ice synthetic paste" on mine which seemed to work pretty well.

8872599486494.jpg

Might be better options but that's what I used anyway. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I haven't added any UV protection yet as I wasn't expecting them to come up as good. I'm picking up some UV clear coat tomorrow to finish the job off properly! :thumbs:

Edited by Lyndzzz

• 10 months later...

So it's disgraceful how long it's been since I updated this thread, but started back at university and renovating a house means I've had little to no spare time or money!

As you'd expect all the servicing has been done but I've also been gathering goodies to continue the modifications :thumbs:

I fitted an Invidia Gemini exhaust earlier in the year and have just had her returned from the body shop with her new chargespeed rear bumper and led rear lights!

Now it's persisting down with rain and I only used my phone but I had to take some rough pics to share!

I've also got a plenum spacer to add as soon as I get my assignments finished ;)

3e2a34c41c77abfead6b1f6d5fa0ca3e.jpg

b7a42851c8f637184e84b35f25399610.jpg

42436a785f617e3840b02eaa50f0adf9.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Edited by Lyndzzz
  • Like 1

Glad to see you're still here (well there) and having fun with the Zed mods still. :D:wave:

Looks great. B)

Thank you, glad you still like her :thumbs:

Oh don't worry, I'm still here and I still lurk on here a lot ;) I ain't going anywhere!!

I love this car and everytime I do something new to it I love it that little bit more :blush:

Car looks awesome. :thumbs:

Sent from my iPhone using hammer and chisel!

Thanks, had her a while now and it's been a nice slow evolution :teeth:

• Like 2

Oh don't worry, I'm still here and I still lurk on here a lot ;) I ain't going anywhere!!

I love this car and everytime I do something new to it I love it that little bit more :blush:

Good stuff Lyndzzz, ...not enough women on here imo putting their own spin on modding their cars. ;)

Yours is one of my favourites. :D

• Like 1

Good stuff Lyndzzz, ...not enough women on here imo putting their own spin on modding their cars. ;)

Yours is one of my favourites. :D

:yahoo: