Lyndsey's Z "I'm only going to paint the wheels" Chargespeed rear P6!

Lyndzzz

So I bought my car in September 2013, an Azure GT with 83K miles on the clock. I didn't start a build thread as I had a very short to do list that really wasn't worth sharing or keeping a log of:

Refurb and paint wheels

Fit clear reflectors

Fit stubby aerial

And that's exactly what I did :thumbs:

On arrival at home

IMAG0562_zps860ccfd8.jpg

20131002_143_zps6c7582cc.jpg

Wheels, reflectors and stubby fitted.

IMAG0602_zpsce556b07.jpg

IMAG0605_zpsac7eaa93.jpg

I service the car, replace all the fluids, new disks, pads and belts. The car is good to go. I'm done right?

Erm....

CS2000 has some LED's for sale. So I fit interior and number plate lights

IMAG0755_zps0ac952a7.jpg

Then I see some bonnet dampers that I like the look of

IMAG0757_zpsb71e7b78.jpg

IMAG0756_zpsa5febfe2.jpg

Okay so now I realise the engine bay looks a bit dirty looking. The forum convinces me I'm Banksy with a rattle can and off I go under the bonnet

IMAG0771_zpspusuqdqa.jpg

It looks okay, but I can't stop there. The engine cover needs to be done, but if I'm removing the strut I'll have to see about making that look better. Oh Tarmac has a polished strut group buy running ;) and there;s a pop charger just come up for sale :yahoo:

IMAG0865_zpsuzle1zcq.jpg

IMAG0867_zpsba0fd6ba.jpg

Now the plenum looks worse than it did before and the bottle caps too

IMAG0942_zpsmxvjcypo.jpg

I plastidip the front lip too

72282619-f281-414c-9f05-e1ee6f7e2b52_zpsda00ccb0.jpg

Okay now I'm done. The car looks neat and tidy, running great mechanically. Sit back and enjoy it :thumbs:

:yawn:

14N has a really good looking vertical tonneau for sale :)

tonneu_zpsb4d2168d.jpg

I have to add the hubby is getting well p****ed off with all the tinkering (spending) so in a total huff I decide I'm going to wrap the roof gloss black, as the paint is a mess! I spend a good few hours one Saturday afternoon and whilst it looks okay, I'm not happy with all the imperfections from the paint showing through.

I'll get it painted instead!

whilst it's there I'll get the handles colour coded and the front and rear badges removed and filled :lol:

IMAG0973_zps5zxj4zb7.jpg

IMAG0974_zpso6zfqnzc.jpgIMAG0975_zps7q8dngby.jpgIMAG0976_zpsym6ttwdx.jpgIMAG0978_zpshvoyt51a.jpg

I'm going to tint the rear window soon so will post roof pictures once that is complete.

Missing my car whilst she was in the body shop I stumble across Rickdon's slam panel thread. Ooh pretty shiny things :p

IMAG0984_zpskdxmvcqa.jpgIMAG0983_zpsblxvt5rm.jpgIMAG0982_zpspmfj9jmi.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

Edited by Lyndzzz
  • Like 8

Thank you everyone, glad you like my little efforts :thumbs:

Lacky my next mod is rear window tinting, next week, then I think I'll wait and see what takes my eye next. To be honest I'm happy with the performance and like the oem exhaust sound so at the moment don't feel like any performance mods are needed.

Spacers are a consideration as are lowering springs but I don't want to do 30mm drop so it's all very much in the air!! I might look at some blue silicone hoses.

Think I'll leave it until after LakeZ and my skydive then see where the wind blows me ;)

Well you inspired me tonight Lyndzzz or at least I'm blaming you for this. :lol:

Had a can of Carling and decided to clean a few bits on my Zed. Started with the seats, then the engine bay and now somehow I've started painting my plenum black just like yours. :surrender::D

Second coat going on at 11pm so I'm just taking a break. ;)

• Like 1

I take no responsibility for what may occur after consuming this thread :lol:

Sounds good, enjoy the lager and the sense of achievement once it's finished :thumbs:

The biggest pain was getting it prepped up properly especially in situ.

My plenum has bugged me for a while and whilst I was admiring yours earlier I decided to have a look at my paint supplies whilst I was in the garage. Turns out I had a perfectly good can of VHT gloss black so in the end I'm putting it to good use.

Thanks for the inspiration ~ not at all how I was planning on spending my Friday night though after a hard days work. :lol:;)

• Like 1

Looking very nice :thumbs:

I see you too have a constantly evolving and growing list of to do mods, it's very addictive, I started off with the opening statement to mrs tatooandy67 - I can just buy this car (got my zed last oct) and drive/enjoy it but before I'd even finished my test drive I had a couple of subtle mods I wanted to do, keep on with the great work what you've done with your zed is great ....look forward to the next instalment :)

Edited by tatooandy67
  • Like 1

Thanks again guys :)

BM and Almeida I've got my eye on some Tein Springs but funds are low right now, same with the hoses as the coolant was changed in December I'm holding out to change them just yet! Your car and bay looks awesome though so thanks for sharing :thumbs: