350z buying dilemma

Willie

Hi all, I've been on the hunt for a 350z now for a good month or so.

I've managed to track one down but not sure if the price is a little to steep. I've driven it and it drives well.

It's a Ebusi Black 56reg 300 GT version with all extras such as ray's, Bose, sat nav full steering wheel controls and brown leather heated seats. It has full service history, every receipt, all mot's and is currently having a clutch done at the garage. It has only had one owner from new and is currently clocked at 69k miles.

They are asking for 8.5k which is within my budget but reading round here I can see quite a few can pick up similer spec 350z's for less. They are similer priced in AutoTrader and piston heads but with one owner and full history is it reasonable?

Thanks, Will.

Whilst at the upper end it's not unreasonable for a dealer if the condition and history is that good.. However, it would be advisable to check if they are changing the flywheel at the same time as the clutch. The dual mass flywheels do deteriorate over time and it is normally sensible to do them together.

As Neil said, make sure they are changing the fly wheel as well, as it's not a cheap job and as the gear box is out might as well do it..with the fly wheel done as well, that's a reasonable price from a dealer, make sure you get a warranty and a tank of fuel thrown in as well. Good Luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Neil said, make sure they are changing the fly wheel as well, as it's not a cheap job and as the gear box is out might as well do it..with the fly wheel done as well, that's a reasonable price from a dealer, make sure you get a warranty and a tank of fuel thrown in. Good Luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by WhackyWill

I'd say its a good price for a HR GT with that many miles..

Is it an HR then?

Most 2006 onwards are, some early 2006 were still DE engined, a 56 is late 2006 so more likely to be a HR. You also say its 300, I assumed you meant 300BHP, and the DE is 286BHP but the HR is 313BHP and assumed it was rounded down. Theres a few ways to tell, does it have LED tail lights? Does it have 2 air intakes in the engine bay? Does it have the hazard button in the centre just up from the gear stick? If so, its a HR. (DE has older style tail lights, 1 air intake and the hazard button is further back on the centre console, closer to the heated seat buttons)

Pretty sure on a 56 plate it's a rev up (300 bhp) not a HR ...... Does it have the bonnet bulge and twin air intake to the engine?

This is what I was thinking as well, which would influence my feeling about the price.

Cheers for the feedback guys. It's not a HR but a revup. The limiter is at 7k, no bonnet bulge but has led rear lights, newer xenons which I prefer by a mile and the face lifted front bumper.

I was thinking on hanging on for a HR but with a good history on this I just need clarification it's an 'ok' price.

Oh and yes the flywheel is also being done. Has shown me the order which corraltes to the registration. Didn't realise the cost of that job.

I use to own a 182 Clio and that was cheap as chips to service!

Knowing it's a Revup my feeling is it's a bit expensive. However, what you say about them changing the flywheel is encouraging. I personally don't get too hung up about price (within reason). It's much more important you get a good car. If you get a bad one you will lose much more than the potential price difference we might be thinking about in this case. On the face of it, it sounds like a good car from a good dealer.

• Like 1

Hmm I was going to be selling my 56 Revup same colour but black leather same spec etc.. in the near future with 27,300 miles on the clock (Brand new discs/pads all round 100 miles ago) and I was looking to get 8k for it so I think thats abit over priced?

Edited by pagey

Very true. I'm going back tomorrow to drive with the new clutch and if all is good I shall put a deposit down. And also haggle for a full tank and an extended warrenty.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Take into account its one owner as well.

That means you have`nt had all sorts of herberts trying to fit bling and blitz to it and ****ing it up.

Low miles and Low number of owners always a plus

Still don't understand why people like low owners? If a car is in good nick then it's in good nick - buy on condition and service history is what the message should be - why does 1 owner or 10 make a car any better or worse?

I think the reason would be that a lot of people change there cars when things start going wrong, I have done if before bottom end started to go on my nissan 200 so px it at a main dealer. If a car has had a lot of owners is it because of a lot of hidden issues! this is not always the case of course especially with soft tops and two sweater cars as circumstances of people change and need more seats.

My '04 350z GT had 4 previous owners before I got my hands on it yet it had been well looked after with full NSH (for what its worth) and I've enjoyed 2 yeas of trouble free motoring. Personally I think its a fallacy that more owners means a dodgy car.