Me again - oil pressure

-Bradders-

I done some searching and can only see people having problems with the oil pressure going all the way to the end, where as my problem/ query is slightly different, before i done the clutch, when the car would start up, the gauge would sit just sorta close to the first notch on the gauge, now not sure if related but when i start it now, it sits just over 0 on idle, goes up and down fine when driving, and it hasn't been ran properly for over 2 weeks, is that normal? it's due a P1 which i shall be doing on Saturday. Should i be worried?

Regards,

Brad

Edited by -Bradders-

I wouldn't worry to much as long as the needle moves up relative to engine speed.

Manufacturers stopped fitting oil pressure gauges to most cars because people were getting worried seeing the needle at nearly nought, when the cars were hot at tickover.

• Like 1

Ok so just went for a 72 mile drive. Cut short because the oil light flickered on when testing the brakes lol so i came home. Im guessing that explains the low oil pressure. One other thing but ill stick that in the clutch thread.

Edited by -Bradders-

^^ That doesn't sound good to be honest Bradders. Leave the car on a flat level tonight and make sure you do not drive it until you've checked the oil level tomorrow.

If the oil light came on then I'd have thought you will definitely be dangerously low on oil.

Only when i slammed the brakes so i drove it back slowly not going over 45mph. Was hard considering i was on m25 lol! Previous owner did give me 5l of oil and a filter as it was due a p1. Ill get this done tomorrow. Ill top the box up too as refer to my other thread its making a very loud chattering noise.

Only when i slammed the brakes so i drove it back slowly not going over 45mph. Was hard considering i was on m25 lol! Previous owner did give me 5l of oil and a filter as it was due a p1. Ill get this done tomorrow. Ill top the box up too as refer to my other thread its making a very loud chattering noise.

Maybe it's not that bad then. :dry:

I had my oil light come on once on an old Mondeo ST24 I had when I drove it continuously around a round about sliding the rear end out ~ wasn't low on oil but I had managed to force all the oil to one side in the sump (as it wasn't baffled) probably meaning for a brief second it was starved of oil which through up the warning light.

Still I'd make sure you have a good level of oil tomorrow before driving it. ;)

Ok so ive done the oil change. I put just under 5l in as stated. I still have 0/just over like 1mm on the oil pressure on idle. Everytime i come to a stop now the oil light comes on but goes off if i throttle. Its idling at like 5-600rpm :/ whats wrong with this donkey ive bought?! Wasnt like this before i done clutch i dont think.

Oh and it had about 2l of oil in it :(

That's not good mate at all. :scare:

Honestly I think you should take it to a reputable garage before things get any worse. That's what I'd do anyway.

Who's the closest reputable independent garage to you do you know? Is it Sly at Kaizer Motor Company ; http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/167-kaizer-motor-company/

They have a good rep from members who have used them.

Bradders, Japex are not a million miles from you they are only 30 mins from me.

Ross knows his stuff on Zeds. May be worth giving him a shout, he's also a trader on here. :thumbs:

This saga is never ending mate . feel for you mate. :surrender:

Ive done a full oil change and filter chnge and it drives fine though. Just been and got 4 newer tyres for it lol! It drives spot on and since doing the gearbox oil that seems to be lighlty less noisy too! I think its just the idle problem it just idles low therefor the oil pressure is low on idle it goes up as it should when im driving and the e gine sounds smooth?