Me again - oil pressure

-Bradders-

Didnt make any difference when i had it on earlier. Ive done 84 miles in it so far and going out in it now. In the words of ivan drego 'if it dies it dies' famous last words ha. Wonder how hard it would be to wack a 2jz lump in... Woops. Lets hope its al ok though i'll get some videos of how its running etc.

• Like 1

Didnt make any difference when i had it on earlier. Ive done 84 miles in it so far and going out in it now. In the words of ivan drego 'if it dies it dies' famous last words ha. Wonder how hard it would be to wack a 2jz lump in... Woops. Lets hope its al ok though i'll get some videos of how its running etc.

With the air con on it should put another 150 RPM on and steady the

tickover, that's why you should always leave it on. :thumbs:

Done 120 miles now since clutch. Got alot of feedback through the gear stick vibrations etc.. Ride feels ok though. Still pulls if i put my foot down. When i boot it boot it i can only see the oil pressure going to the notch between 60-120 should it go all the way to the end?

• Like 1

Done 120 miles now since clutch. Got alot of feedback through the gear stick vibrations etc.. Ride feels ok though. Still pulls if i put my foot down. When i boot it boot it i can only see the oil pressure going to the notch between 60-120 should it go all the way to the end?

No not as far as I'm aware.

• Like 1

NO... :scare: .. It should read 60 psi at 60 MPH in 6th Gear.

That's the norm, but anything around that is OK.

Also just popped the hood and noticed the air pipe where it connects to the air box wasnt tight and it was parted at the bottom doh! That might be the cause of the idle issue. Ive done it as tight as poss by hand now but still the same. Maybe do the air preasure reset thing again gettimg good at all this pedal dancing haha

I was asking that as i saw on the 350z page someone say when they boot it. It goes to 120 lol thought it might be the norm haha

If it goes to 120 psi when warm they have a problem as well, they need a new pressure switch ...

Have you checked your pressure switch easy to change, may be worth it . :thumbs:

• Like 1

Ok who do i take it to? Lol. I feel bad giving it to someone when ive taken it on myself i know garages hate that. But theres only so much i can do. Only thing i can thinks is gearbox bearing gone. Or spigot bearing? Wheres this zed shed lol? Im happy to drive anywhere if it means having a running car lol.

I'm going to give you some advice mate...........set a budget right now on how much your spending on this car and dont go a single penny higher.

This has got to the potential to drain your wallet dry and make you utterly hate the car. Sometimes you need to cut losses...........get an opinion then make a decision on it.

• Like 1

Meh ill keep spending its what i work for lol. It seems to be fine. Ive done 192 miles since clutch it pulls ok just think somethings not right in the box still. Oil pressure goes up ok when driving just sits low at idle. Just need a zedspert to take a look and tell me its normal haha