Taken the Plunge!

VRichie

Just put a deposit down on a 59 plate 370z (GT Pack) In Ebisu Black!

Picking it up on the 30th May, just wanted to share that ive joined the 'Zed' family and thanks for all the help on these forums and the info!

Picture below isn't the best but will post better ones when I get the car and can use a better camera.

Any advice or tips pre picking the car up?

post-22286-0-13498000-1400518673_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Man this is gonna be a long 10 days to wait! Another picture below (again not the best quality as its from the nissan web).

Couple of questions - on the spec on every advert for my Zed it states that the car has heated wing mirrors? Now i've test drove it twice and sat in it and had a play for a few hours now but can't for the life of me find any button that resembles heated wings? I did a bit of research and I was assuming the 2009 Coupe GT Packs didn't have heated wings but due to it mentioning on the spec twice now as well as in the garage, i'm just wondering if i'm missing something?

Also it doesn't come with rear parking sensors although the garage have offered to fit at a discounted price of £100 - I currently drive a Civic Type S and find that after a while I got used to reverse parking and now find it a doddle - would you lads say that the sensors are a must due to the big arse the 370 has or would I eventually get used to it like I have in my Civic? I find at the moment I feel like my visibility is better out the rear on the 370 than my 5 seater Civic due to the fact the Civic has the spoiler right in view of the rear window.

I've also checked a few of the regular 'mishaps' of the 59 plate version for e.g.

- Boot release seems fine

- Steering lock does lock when engine off but I seen that people mentioned that a few have been locking up. Is there anything I can do to check this or was this a recall in the UK or a rare problem and would it be covered in warranty?

- Gear box seems nice and tight and clutch seems fine.

- Just had a P3 service.

- 4 good as new set of Michelin tyres.

Sorry for the long post but if anyone could answer that would be great!

Hope that all makes sense and thanks in advance!

post-22286-0-38233900-1400595344_thumb.jpg

-Boot release issue will probably occur at some point but it's no big deal and is easily fixed

-There's no button for the mirrors (except to adjust them)

-I believe the 59 plate has the older (pre connect premium) version of the sat nav screen (still perfectly good) otherwise I'd recommend fitting an integrated reversing camera. I'd go for sensors just to make parking that bit easier + preferably sensors that sit flush to the bodywork

-There was a recall on the steering lock issue. I believe a 59 plate would have been in scope, so worth finding out if the car has been done

Hope that helps :)

Edited by sipar69

-There's no button for the mirrors (except to adjust them)

-There was a recall on the steering lock issue. I believe a 59 plate would have been in scope, so worth finding out if the car has been done

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the response,

Ive asked about the Recall issue on the steering lock just waiting for a response (there is 41k miles on the clock so hopefully the previous owner did it.)

Also, just to clarify - there is no button specifically for the wing mirrors but are they heated in a 59 plate?

Cheers

Taken from the 2009 brochure -

Power and heated door mirror with electronic fold back

Like others have said just select the heated rear window function and the mirrors will heat up too.

Another quick question gents.

Looking to hook up my Ipod shuffle to the Aux in the armrest - now i'm aware I have the original Satnav system so have to change track via the iPod but was wondering if i have the right cable? I already have a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack cable - will this suffice for the job? Also when using the iPod on a 59 plate model does it show track names on the screen?

Cheers

Looking to hook up my Ipod shuffle to the Aux in the armrest - now i'm aware I have the original Satnav system so have to change track via the iPod but was wondering if i have the right cable? I already have a 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack cable - will this suffice for the job? Also when using the iPod on a 59 plate model does it show track names on the screen?

Cheers

The cable you have is the one for the job but only transfers sound so no names on the screen unfortunately!

Cheers

The cable you have is the one for the job but only transfers sound so no names on the screen unfortunately!

No problem thanks for the info - is that your Zed in your picture? Looks quality, love the colour!

Cheers

No problem thanks for the info - is that your Zed in your picture? Looks quality, love the colour!

Yep she is mine, thanks for the comment :D

Its a 59 plate also so I went down the expensive route of an aftermarket HU....