Limited mileage cover curious?

StevoD

Curious one as i had with Flux (will never use again mind scamming f**kers)

i had to send a image of my odometer to them and sign to say i wouldn't go over 6000 or i wouldn't be insured

well on a limited mileage policy, would i be right to say i would be insured for 6000 public road miles?

so what if like me i tent to drive my car to a track spend a day drifting/driving then drive home, using pod as an example its about 50 miles from house, well on track to keep numbers easy lets say i did 50 miles on track drifting

so i did 100 miles on the road and 50 miles on track well im not insured for the 50 miles on track, but my odometer has raised 150 miles

so in a years time were does my insurance stand in the event of an accident when ive done 6300 miles but only 5800 were on the road?

You'd have a tough time proving it if you were to get in an accident I think.

It's a good question and one I think your insurers may have trouble answering? Also, not sure if all policies are the same but I'm sure I'm only insured for 5k miles a year, if I go 1 or 200 miles over it it isn't going to invalidate my insurance as it's just an estimate? If I were to go 1000s over then there will be an issue.

Might be a bit different if you've got a limited mile policy I guess.

Edited by mouthwash

I've limited mileage policy on my MR2, although have never been asked to give a photo of the mileage.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm not insured on track at all and so I do not expect my mileage limit to include track stuff. Assuming you can prove you did some track/drift events (easy), then I don't see it being a problem at all. Certainly you'd have no issues if they started playing silly buggers and you needed to go to the ombudsman.

I've limited mileage policy on my MR2, although have never been asked to give a photo of the mileage.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm not insured on track at all and so I do not expect my mileage limit to include track stuff. Assuming you can prove you did some track/drift events (easy), then I don't see it being a problem at all. Certainly you'd have no issues if they started playing silly buggers and you needed to go to the ombudsman.

well this is what im thinking its road cover policy so any miles on track etc shouldnt be included but hoping to get some of the insurers views on here as im due a renewal soon

Wow, that's a really good question.

I have a 6000 mile a year policy too, like Ekona I've never been asked to prove any mileage or anything however.

Like you, I'll drive to track then probably do a fair amount, if not maybe equal to the distance I travel to the circuit in laps.

Be interesting to see what the insurers say regards this.

Mileage could easily be obtained from the MOT, so I'm not surprised that I've never been asked for proof.

As much as I like getting involved in the nitty gritty of insurance, I'm not remotely worried about this at all. If I over run, then it'll be down to the track mileage. That said, if you over run by thousands of miles, I expect that might be harder to prove.

What's wrong with Adrian Fux? Just taken out a policy with them on my second car.... Low mileage policy too :scare: :scare:

Had to sign a document to provide the mileage, no pictures though, my limit is 1500 a year.

i had a s14 3 months into the policy i got the Zed the couldn't insure me on the zed at 21 so they had to cancel the policy then charged me £300 because it was me who wanted to cancel yet it was because they could insure me on my new car and i no a few people have had the same thing moved address told insurance went up a few hundred pounds then said na got a cheaper policy charged them stupid money to cancel it early even tho they and me paid monthly and had paid upto that current point so we wasnt asking to be insured for free ok maybe a £25 admin fee but £300

What's wrong with Adrian Fux? Just taken out a policy with them on my second car.... Low mileage policy too :scare: :scare:

Had to sign a document to provide the mileage, no pictures though, my limit is 1500 a year.

I read some really poor reviews of them when looking for insurance - mainly around cancellations and updating your status (car mods, new car etc), I guess you're more likely to post a bad review though. Also, they seem to lure you in with a cheap price and then when you actually go through their system the price some how increases 10 fold. I remember getting a quote for my M3, something in the region of £1k and then when you phone them up or whatever to go through with it somehow the price has gone up by 50%. As said, they aren't the only ones.

i had a s14 3 months into the policy i got the Zed the couldn't insure me on the zed at 21 so they had to cancel the policy then charged me £300 because it was me who wanted to cancel yet it was because they could insure me on my new car and i no a few people have had the same thing moved address told insurance went up a few hundred pounds then said na got a cheaper policy charged them stupid money to cancel it early even tho they and me paid monthly and had paid upto that current point so we wasnt asking to be insured for free ok maybe a £25 admin fee but £300

Ah there we go, straight from the horses mouth.

...... and breathe.

Adrian Flux have given me the run around in the past also however.

Hate to say it Steve, but all that would've been stated in the contract before you agreed to the policy. AF may not be great in some respects, but you can't blame them for enforcing their contractural rights mate.

A lot of that will be down to the insurers though: Don't forget Flux are just a broker.

Hate to say it Steve, but all that would've been stated in the contract before you agreed to the policy. AF may not be great in some respects, but you can't blame them for enforcing their contractural rights mate.

A lot of that will be down to the insurers though: Don't forget Flux are just a broker.

true but why should i have to pay for a cancellation policy if they cant continue my policy

300 miles + per year on the track on a 6k mileage limit. Why bother? If the limit is this tight to your annual mileage then just up it for what it costs.. I have a limited mileage policy of 5K in the knowledge that my annual mileage is roughly 1 to 1.5k per year. This more than covers me for any unforeseen circumstances.

Edited by rothers2901

.......and just as bad as the rest of them.

ive used adrian flux twice before, will never use again

quoted me a quote, then rang me back. After 40mins of talking said they wouldnt insure me, and when i gave them the policy number they said they were having issues with their system

so the next day i get a call saying they could insure through fluxdirect, and after 40 mins they tell me the cheapest quote was not the £700 they quoted, but rather £4000

gave them a lot of sh!t over the phone and cancelled my existing policy

Looking get a 350z before or on my birthday I rang Adrian flux and got quoted £1571 fully comped on 5k millage a year also told if I was a member of forums I could get a further saving does anyone have any other insurance witch will be Farley cheap to insure I will be 20 year old and anyone done iam advance driving and If so how much on average does it knock of your insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk