20" alloys

zebedy

Hi, can someone tell me whether there are any issues putting 20's on my 350z roadster, ie steering lock fouling or arch rubbing. May also think about 10MM spacer too so if anyone can let me know. and also whats the max width I can go for without rolling out the arches

cheers

Well this is it. Ive not bought them yet and was hoping for recomendations on SIZE and offsets and also offsets if I were to use 10mm spacers without any fouling. The last thing I want to do is to roll out the arches because ive gone for non standard offet to get that wheel out as far as I dare. Any advice here would be great as Im about to purchase as soon someone can steer me in the right direction.

thanks

no reason other than My GTO had 20s and these Have got similar size arches. The z maybe a tad smaller. Just been reading up on the wheel pic sections and seems most are runing 19s which at a guess is the way to go now. I dont know either way at this point as these cars are new to me and its all a learing curve at the mo. albeit a very @*!# hot one !!! Loving it so far. Car is 2 days old. :-)

20" are way to big for a Z imo I think even a 19" is to big, whats the reason for 20s may I ask?

Because BIG PIMPIN' HOMIE, Na its your car do as you choose, i agree with arran i think 20s make the zed look like a roller skate unless you got a wide arch kit

Donk.jpg

lol stevo nive one. Might get a chrome chained steering wheel while Im at it lol.

ok so been looking and the first thing they ask is it a GT model with brembo brakes. the answer in no its not a GT but has brembo brakes. Can I asume all UK cars were fitted with these?? and are the brembos bigger on the GT versions or did they keep the same size on all UK cars???

• Like 1

Your car will be noticeably slower to accelerate, more reluctant to change direction, and braking distances will increase. Tyres cost a lot more, and your ride comfort will suffer. Your car will look like a rollerskate.

You can fit bigger brakes and wider tyres. May look better, depending on wheel style and individual taste.

Pretty much sums up running larger wheels.

20's do work on a zed, but only once lowered and a bigger brake and caliper kit fitted. Without it the discs look lost in the wheel. And gives that cheap modded Corsa look.

I run 20's on my XKR, but to combat the weight issue they are a 2 piece forged split rim wheel from BBS. and the upgraded 355mm discs and 6 pot callipers. The difference in price for forged over cast wheels is big.

Tyres cost a fortune the jag recommended setup of Pirelli Tyres cost £1300 for 4 Tyres. And at 285/30/20 & 255/35/20 their isn't a wide variety to pick from.

19's are a good compromise on the zed, and someone like tarmac or cougar store have a good selection at a good price in the correct offsets. Avoid trying to make cheap wheels fit with lots of spacers.

Wide Tyres look better, especially on the back, so some thing like a 9.5 upto a 10.5 suits the car well.