Best sounding CAR engines

Almeida1234

I6 it's a Supra TT and E46 M3 CSL

Disagree ;) ....Supra Single turbo on a screamer pipe is rather awesome. However the inline 6 on the 240z (all carb'ed up) is fantastic! But the SR20 race engine, is simply the best :cloud9:

Edited by grahamc

The Z is a properly nice sounding car Dan regardless of wether we own them or not. That's one of the reasons I bought one ;) I did forget about the NSX though still not enough to take top spot away from le Z :)

sorry Arran, but have to disagree, the zed engine has been one of the most dissappoint sounding engines I've owned. Its not a bad sound, but its a long way from being the best. If I'm honest even with exhausts etc I'd put it as an average sound. Not dull, but doesn't set my heart a light.

each to their own but it's the sound of the zed that made me want one. If I didn't hear one scream past me that one day I would be driving a dc5. Which sound cak

The Z is a properly nice sounding car Dan regardless of wether we own them or not. That's one of the reasons I bought one ;) I did forget about the NSX though still not enough to take top spot away from le Z :)

sorry Arran, but have to disagree, the zed engine has been one of the most dissappoint sounding engines I've owned. Its not a bad sound, but its a long way from being the best. If I'm honest even with exhausts etc I'd put it as an average sound. Not dull, but doesn't set my heart a light.

each to their own but it's the sound of the zed that made me want one. If I didn't hear one scream past me that one day I would be driving a dc5. Which sound cak

Have a listen to this....

Link:

Now try to say the 350 doesn't sound good (granted it has a good exhaust on it). ;)

Although for me a well tuned V8 is king, I have to say I am rather partial to a nice 2JZGTE...

I am also rather fond of my old Supra...turn up the sound! sorry crap video and sound is out of sink.

oh mate, was that really yours? Obviously a woman made you sell it right? I'd marry that car

Have a listen to this....

Link:

Now try to say the 350 doesn't sound good (granted it has a good exhaust on it). ;)

sounds alright, but it doesn't excite me. Pitch is too high for my liking. I moved to a v8 because I realised what I was missing was the sound of a v8 and the zed in comparison just doesn't do it.