Fuel rails pg27! - Mouthwash's SSSB

SSSB = Super Slow Silver Build for those wondering. :)

So I thought it was about time I stopped being an argumentative sod and started doing something a bit more constructive so here is my build thread so far, don't get too excited as I don't have many photos.

First off I fitted some spacers, a JWT Pop Charger and a Cobra non resonated cat back system with the 4" slash cut tips:

20130613_1902301_zps3527cc6a.jpg

After a while I got a bit bored of how it looked so purchased a Nismo front lip replica and some clear reflectors:

448ec70b-3dae-44df-902a-1878a0f9f404_zps118eb1a5.jpg

A pic of the rear at Germany, just because.

0b58dd89-3943-4a78-b489-942758c7e152_zpse02a41e6.jpg

About a month after fitting the above the ZedShed had some parts floating about that I just couldn't say no to, I'm pleased with how it looks for now:

936b7513-6369-4442-9f8a-e1f521e2e6ee_zps5abe6c99.jpg

I know, I know... The number plate is on the inside of the windscreen, I need to get a smaller plate to go in recess of the bumper.

While I was at the ZedShed they started their sales tactic of leaving goodies lying around on the floor near me. After a bit of enquiring I ended up driving away with a set of Meister R coilovers which I'll get fitted once I get paid.

I have a few more plans once this is all done, probably some side skirts and rear spats or an entire rear bumper - not sure yet. I also need some more power as it's a bit boring now I've had it 2 years, I'm leaning down the supercharger route but after investigating costs I'm starting to wonder how sane I am spending what the car is worth to make it go a bit faster.

I'll update with some better pictures once I have the coilovers fitted. :)

Anyway that's all for now and yes Will the long aerial is staying!

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 2

While I was at the ZedShed they started their sales tactic of leaving goodies lying around on the floor near me. After a bit of enquiring I ended up driving away with a set of Meister R coilovers which I'll get fitted once I get paid.

Next time, get them fitted before you drive away ;)

Those Zed Shed guys love working on zed's and could probably be persuaded to fit them cheap :teeth:

Car looks good :thumbs:

Edited by ajh350z
  • Like 1

Next time, get them fitted before you drive away ;)

Those Zed Shed guys love working on zed's and could probably be persuaded to fit them cheap :teeth:

Car looks good :thumbs:

Well you have a point but they were pretty busy on the day I turned up :) and in all honesty the coilovers could do with a little bit of tidying up before I get them installed. That and once they're on they will need aligning etc. I think I'm going to pay Kaizer Motors a visit for it :)

Oh forgot to mention, I've had the rays refurbished in the OEM colour. They look brilliant :D

Thanks for the comments :)

Good effort mate and was nice meeting you down the zed shed that day. Always nice to put a face to a name and your not that argumentative in the flesh :p

Car is looking great and coming along a treat!

Edited by Humpy
  • Like 1

Your car is looking really smart already and will look even better once you've got your coilies fitted! :)

Loos good bud

Good effort mate and was nice meeting you down the zed shed that day. Always nice to put a face to a name and your not that argumentative in the flesh :p

Car is looking great and coming along a treat!

Yeah it was good to meet some people from the forum, all of your cars looked great. Made me realise I need to put more effort into my own!

I can be pretty argumentative in the flesh, you just didn't challenge me on my opinions :lol: I know how to make friends.

I really fancy some new wheels but I just can't decide what to get. I was looking at those Enkei wheels for something a bit different but if I'm going to get some new wheels they have to be concave! :)

Almost hit the buy button on a set of 18" grid drifts in bronze but I'm just not sure. :dry:

So many interesting build threads popping up now.

Zed looks great mouthwash especially on the Ring. B);)

Thanks, the ring (nurburg before anyone starts) was great fun. :)

You should have said you wanted more power I could have got the NOS kit out - that's for sale as well :lol:

Looking good mate - get that suspension fitted and best sort the number plate ASAP :)

See you again at some point I'm sure :)

• Like 1

You should have said you wanted more power I could have got the NOS kit out - that's for sale as well :lol:

Looking good mate - get that suspension fitted and best sort the number plate ASAP :)

See you again at some point I'm sure :)

You've sold me enough recently :lol: luckily you didn't have those wheels off while I was there.

I've shaved down an old number plate today, just need to pick up some screws from halfrauds. :)

Right, need some help with wheels if you can all bear with me.

The ones I'm looking at are 10j at the front and 11j at the rear, I wanted 9j at the front and 10j at the rear but they don't have the colour I want in 9j :(

Anyway for 18" wheels that are 10/11j, what sort of tyre size should I be looking at? 255/45/18 at the front and 275/45/18 at the rear? Or 245/265?

Lastly will these sizes mean I need to roll the arches? Not sure I can be bothered with that but really want these wheels.

I'm a bit of a plonker when it comes to wheel sizes.

Wheels?! I thought you were buying HFCs :ninja:

I'll start again as my post messed up? This is pre planning, I may talk about it now but it'll take me like 2 or 3 months to order the things. I just need to know what sort of tyres I'm going to have to run ;)

I strongly suspect 40 profiles will be better, maybe even 35s as they're so wide. maybe 255/35/18 front, 275/35/18 rear? And that'll still have some stretch, 11" is wiiiide!

I guess, I literally have no idea what tyres I'm going to need. Everyone seems to run something slightly different. 11" is wide but they don't have the wheel size I want in the colour I want, I could get 10 all around but I want the staggered look. Cake and eating it springs to mind.

Edit: found a post in the tyre forum looks like I'll need something like 265/275 on the front and 285/295 on the rear. I can see this stinging the wallet a little :lol:

Edited by mouthwash

Little update

I was a bit bored today and didn't really want to get the coilovers installed in the condition that they're in so I set about starting a mini refurb on them.

First of all, pick a victim:

P1030565_zpsaf6c4fae.jpg

(that Asda bag is NOT mine...)

Next job was to clear all of the rust off of it and give it a coat of primer:

P1030566_zps4a0137d9.jpg

Now I just got to decide what colour I want them, I'll probably just get a can of red spray paint from halfrauds but I guess I got time to decide. I'll crack on with this next Sat probably.

Edit: Thanks for the comments so far :)

Edited by mouthwash