Fuel rails pg27! - Mouthwash's SSSB

very nice indeed. Love those rays too. Your zed is really well balanced cosmetically as I'm sure it is drive wise now too. superb stuff :thumbs:

Thanks, they do look good after a wash but I've plans to change them in a few months once I get my V2 sideskirts put on :) I think I need to play with the damper settings as it's a bit soft, I've got it set to 16 (out of 32) at the moment.

Sorry matey yes need to check. Give me 5 mins.

Looking smart by the way :thumbs:

Cheers mate and not a problem! :)

Yes Red in stock, my last one!

I'll send over payment details :thumbs:

Woo, accidental colour scheme progression! :)

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 1

A few bits and bobs turned up this week inc a Wasso plenum spacer :D

P1030646_zpsc4296201.jpg

Just ordered some gauges (AFR and oil temp) from Tarmac along with some Berk decats with the additional holes all ready to go for the sensor. :)

This isn't slow anymore... is it.

Edited by mouthwash

Snap!

Silver, red and supercharged. Very tasteful combination!

You even have the same coils as me :lol: You need some red Eibach ARBs though - even just for extra red :thumbs:;)

Thanks! Great minds and all that, right? I think I need to see how much my bank balance has deflated by before I start buying anything else.

I know exactly what wheels I want too but I just don't think I can justify the purchase at the moment :lol:

Your camber arms bent :p

It came like that Governor, honest.

Edited by mouthwash

i tell you what tho that front bumper is hideous

i recommend you remove it and give it to me pronto

The front bumper is pretty hideous if I took some close ups of it :lol: I think it must have been bring your child to work day when this was sprayed.

Done the plenum spacer today, nothing much to share really as it was straight forward about 18 bolts and a few hoses and you're there.

P1030650_zps6bc62dac.jpg

Looks like a jam sandwich to me.

Off to Kaiser Motors next week hopefully for a full alignment and rejigging of the suspension components if needs be :lol:

you driven her yet with it on?

Literally just finished it and the first thing I thought was that after washing my hands a bunch of random people on the internet may want to see my days effort. :lol:

Cheers GM, it kind of makes me want to tidy up the rest of the bay but I really can't start funneling funds into that right now :surrender:

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 1

Has anyone had any additional vibrations after installing their plenum spacer? I'm pretty sure the engine is knocking into strut bar but I'm using the spacers provided.

It only seems to do it when I'm pulling away quickly (when the engine is most likely to rock... right?) and it is fairly noticeable, there doesn't appear to be anything else wrong with the car (accelerates just fine, no odd steering noises etc). Also it only does it after it's been driven a fair distance which makes me think even more that it's the case as I'm sure it expands as it heats up?

I will warm it up and take the strut bar off then give it a test, haven't had time to get around to it yet and thought someone might have had the same problem? Maybe an after market strut bar will fix the problem?

I wouldn't know if they are but previously I forgot to install the spacers for the strut bar and started the car so I got to feel what it was like when the strut bar and plenum were touching, it just felt like a watered down version of that.

Kind of annoying as I don't need problems right now!

Has anyone had any additional vibrations after installing their plenum spacer? I'm pretty sure the engine is knocking into strut bar but I'm using the spacers provided.

It only seems to do it when I'm pulling away quickly (when the engine is most likely to rock... right?) and it is fairly noticeable, there doesn't appear to be anything else wrong with the car (accelerates just fine, no odd steering noises etc). Also it only does it after it's been driven a fair distance which makes me think even more that it's the case as I'm sure it expands as it heats up?

I will warm it up and take the strut bar off then give it a test, haven't had time to get around to it yet and thought someone might have had the same problem? Maybe an after market strut bar will fix the problem?

I don't but then I have the Horsham Developments plenum spacer which maybe ever so slightly different?. :dry:

Have you bought an engine damper btw for when you fit the charger?

I got a good second hand one from Keyser I think it was but Tarmac sell new ones by Stillen. Maybe a worthwhile investment especially if you think your engine mounts may not be in the best shape. :thumbs:

That could be the case, it could also be the case that I haven't tightened it properly so it might be sitting raised but I'm pretty sure I did.

I don't have an engine damper and I may look in to them but if no one else has this issue it means something is wrong with my set up so I need to take another look. :dry::angry::lol: