Fuel rails pg27! - Mouthwash's SSSB

Cars looking great. Was looking at a set of those coilovers so once they're fitted would be interested to see what you think of them.

Thanks :) I'll be getting them fitted at the end of the month / beginning of next month so I'll be able to give an opinion on what they're like to live with then. I live in quite a speed bumpy area too so it should be good fun!

Sprayed the springs today in Nissan Flame Red, here is a little before and after because you can't really tell the difference when they're by themselves. :dry: Anyway I'm pretty happy with the job considering I'm a total amateur, they look a lot better than peely rusty ones!

P1030570_zps0341120a.jpg

Got to clean up the struts etc and then they should be good to be installed :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right, so now that I'm one year older I thought I would set myself a bit of a challenge - fit my coilovers! To some of you it will be a walk in the park but I enjoyed the challenge and feel pretty good for it.

For my birthday, I treated myself to a 170 piece Halfrauds toolkit and a trolley jack, happy with how they performed today. I'm an amateur so they're perfect for me :D

P1030618_zpsbb3b0400.jpg

And here is what I set myself a challenge to fit today:

P1030617_zps8790bb87.jpg

First off jack the car up, remove the wheel etc. Then attempt to get off the 12mm nut that is securing the brake line to the strut

P1030619_zpse9da37ff.jpg

:angry: First thing I tried to remove and I ended up bending the support and rounding off the nut, good start. Anyway after a little while I managed to get the little shite off so carried on happy that I hadn't been thwarted so early on.

Next up I removed the inner 19mm bolt securing the lower arm to the car, the nut is in a very tight space to get to so make sure you've got a slim tool to get at it!

P1030623_zps1fcadb91.jpg

Then removed the 17mm bolt secure the strut to the lower arm. This thing was a pain to get out the last few mm.

P1030622_zpsb7d2bde0.jpg

Strut brace removed and bolts securing the top of the strut removed.

P1030621_zps07522ba1.jpg

And voila, out if pops.

P1030624_zpsbcc53fc1.jpg

Old and new (ish).

P1030625_zps2064aa30.jpg

All reassembled, a piece of advice you will have to use the trolley jack to push the lower arm up so you can bolt everything back up unless you're incredibly strong.

P1030628_zps2306f3f5.jpg

Also, after all that effort make sure you don't do something stupid.

P1030627_zps50d50da1.jpg

Luckily a 12mm bolt is all that holds it to the hub.

Basically I rinsed and repeated that on the other side and I was finished for the day, being an amateur I managed to do the front in about 6 hours but I was fooking knackered so saving the rear for the weekend.

Here is how it stands now, I took it for a quick spin around the block to help the front settle in. :)

P1030629_zps3a19ee76.jpg

More fun to come at the weekend!

Thanks for looking :)

nice work m8....rear should take about 20mins aside.get back out there :lol:

Thanks, I was pretty proud of myself haha. If it wasn't for the fact that I'd worn myself out doing the fronts I would be out there now as the sun is still shining but my back is killing me, I usually sit behind an office desk all day!

When am I visiting you guys to get those sports cats of Matt123123132s fitted? :D

Good job but can't believe you didn't clean up your new (second hand) shocks before you fitted them, ...either way they'll work though I guess. :lol:;)

:lol: As you can see, I did clean the rears but I thought 'fu*k it, don't even know if I can dismantle the fronts to clean everything properly so I'll just leave them'. It made adjusting them interesting.. *Cruuunch* as it was grinding out the small clumps of dirt :lol:

Good job but can't believe you didn't clean up your new (second hand) shocks before you fitted them, ...either way they'll work though I guess. :lol:;)

:lol: As you can see, I did clean the rears but I thought 'fu*k it, don't even know if I can dismantle the fronts to clean everything properly so I'll just leave them'. It made adjusting them interesting.. *Cruuunch* as it was grinding out the small clumps of dirt :lol:

Oh well they're on now so f**k it. :lol:

Still looks better than my OEM suspension. :byebye::thumbs:

Oh well they're on now so f**k it. :lol:

Still looks better than my OEM suspension. :byebye::thumbs:

Yeah, exactly - you can't even see it now.

Looks good in the engine bay however :D

P1030632_zpsbb60c2ce.jpg

So I thought sod it, can't be arsed to wait until the weekend - the weather is supposed to be naff. So I cracked on with the rear suspension, not many pictures this time as I couldn't be arsed after a weeks 'work' :lol:

So here it all is, nothing was that difficult tbh the hardest part was lining up the stiffness settings into the boot.

P1030640_zpsf94a46a4.jpg

Rear adjustable camber arms fitted, I made sure they were exactly the same length as the originals.

P1030641_zpsa19ffadb.jpg

All fitted and a little drive to help it settle.

P1030642_zps1124c963.jpg

P1030643_zpsf2fda681.jpg

P1030644_zps9bffe0a1.jpg

Next up, a full alignment, a wash and hopefully some sports cats when the Zed shed get back to me :p Oh and waiting on Wasso for a plenum spacer.

Watch this space! :)

• Like 2

Good job. :thumbs:

Looks sweet, a job well done :thumbs:

Cheers :)

Oh and after two days of sitting out there on the hard tarmac doing my back in, my neighbour kindly decided to offer me some rubber mats to lay on as I'm doing up the last rear camber arm. GIT :lol: although I did appreciate the gesture he couldn't have timed it better.