Who wins the Clutch Competition

Dicky

I'm just a bit confused by this - the position of the pedal is governed by the adjusting nut, so it can be made as high or as low as you like (and this affects where you perceive the biting point to be as a result).

The mechanism itself is hydraulic and so self adjusting, so once you have set your pedal (and therefore biting point) it should not change as the mechanism takes up any wear of the clutch plate???

I'm just a bit confused by this - the position of the pedal is governed by the adjusting nut, so it can be made as high or as low as you like (and this affects where you perceive the biting point to be as a result).

The mechanism itself is hydraulic and so self adjusting, so once you have set your pedal (and therefore biting point) it should not change as the mechanism takes up any wear of the clutch plate???

Sounds sensible to me!

So in this nail biting competition the main contenders to date are...........OBLIGATORY SILENCE.........

Mr BOCKAAARCK with the highest clutch life of 114k (assuming CS client doest come forward to claim his 115k)

AND

Mr KEYSER with the lowest (and as it happens the deepest pockets) at 19.4k (again assuming CS client doesn't claim his 14k mls)

unless we have members who know different! :)

Edited by Dicky

Looking at it the other way mine was fine until I did the Hoon. It got a little expensive. :surrender:

Just over 35,000 miles on the car and afterwards I needed a new clutch, flywheel and had smashed a cat. Maybe trying to keep up with a 600bhp roadster wasnt a good idea. :lol:

So you are saying the bite point will always be the same regardless of wear. So the fact the bite point is the very last of pedal travel shouldn't be a concern?

All 350Z's have high bite? Thats interesting. Mine's feels about 3 inches off the floor (less when hot) - maybe my slave is on the way out. I've often thought the traffic jams I sometimes have to endure will one day result in my slave going pop. 50K BTW.

I have an admission to make. My Zed hasn't done 114,000 on the original clutch.......it's done 117,400 :)

WOW.....There isn't a prize you know and were all really impressed at the former number anyway!

When it does eventually yield to the inevitable we should have a plinth made for it like on top gear or maybe a medal for the sterling service it gave, like the medels they give to those sniffer dogs the army have to sniff out explosives for service above and beyond :)

• Like 1

So you are saying the bite point will always be the same regardless of wear. So the fact the bite point is the very last of pedal travel shouldn't be a concern?

I cant see why it would change - when I first got mine the bite point was very high and I hated it, just could not drive it smoothly, then I found the "adjusting the clutch" thread, spent an uncomfortable half hour on my back under the pedals, adjusted it down quiet a bit and now its like a different car!

I have an admission to make. My Zed hasn't done 114,000 on the original clutch.......it's done 117,400 :)

WOW.....There isn't a prize you know and were all really impressed at the former number anyway!

When it does eventually yield to the inevitable we should have a plinth made for it like on top gear or maybe a medal for the sterling service it gave, like the medels they give to those sniffer dogs the army have to sniff out explosives for service above and beyond :)

LOL, to be fair, it has started to judder a little every so often. Perhaps it's due a change.

LOL, to be fair, it has started to judder a little every so often. Perhaps it's due a change.

Be kind to it when it does finally let go. Maybe you could bury it in the back garden with a little Plaque (if the wife will let you of course)

A lot of people know about it now and word will spread all over the land about this heroic clutch, nd people will travel from far and wide to be close to it and will sing lamentable songs beside its resting place and shed lots of tears as well , sob sob...................you'll make a few bob as well to help pay for the new one .......ha ha ha

Mind you if it lets go while your driving in the back of beyond and it's peeing down and you've got no rain coat or umbrella and you forgot to take your RAC card and mobile then just chuck it in the bin, the ungrateful little sod!!

• Like 1