Le Mans 2014

370Ad

Not a 100% sure yet, my mate owne's a plane at Elstree and is

thinking of flying down on Fri and return on Sun night, His brother

is driving down in their camper so well have a place to stay.

Would be good to do a convoy of Zed though :thumbs:

• Like 1

I'll be there in the PH private camping section on BN :)

Will be there from Thurs to Mon.

Sweet. We will hopefully be attending the PH Friday Service before heading to Arnage for the friday fun.

• Like 1

Me hopefully. Was going to go down following my father in his 1990 red 911. But unfortunately he passed away in January. So it will be just my zed now. Not sure where we are camping yet tho but thinking of catching a Thursday ferry

u2ura5uv.jpg

• Like 1

I always do Folekstone to Calais, but Caen is closer. More expensive though.

Besides, going through the first toll point outside Calais and getting snapped by the guy that always sits there is fun :)

It's more expensive but I'm trying to work it out now.

How many tanks of fuel there and back do you think it is ? (4 ? I'll have around 75miles from/to london)

It's the first time for myself, heading over on the thursday - although still trying to work out whether I should cross at Dover-Calais - or Portsmouth to Caen ?

Any tips ????

You will love it!

Last time I checked the euro tunnel was still considerably cheaper?

Tips:

Friday:

Get down to Arnage early afternoon for the un-official parade (Beer, water guns and burn outs!)

Official Le Mans parade in the City around 17:00 (Le Mans cars/supercars)

Saturday:

if you need to freshen up due the nights antics heads down to:

http://www.guide-piscine.fr/sarthe/centre-aquatique-des-atlantides-le-mans-417_P - 5 Euro's entry for rapids,flumes and a decent shower!

Get a decent position for the start of the race

Make sure you see some night time driving

if your brave (and have had too many desperados) make you way through the woods/horse racing circuit to the Mulsanne straight. My video from 2012:

Sunday:

Run onto the track after the race and collect some debris for your collection

Around 17:30 your allowed back onto the track, head down to Indianapolis to see some wannabe race car drivers

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 1

Heading down to Le Mans this year in the 70.

Camping in Beausejour and getting an early tunnel Friday 13th.

Is anyone else making the trip?

OMG. good job I've read this thread. Having a 2 week French road trip starting Thursday 12th June (Over night from Portsmouth) and was going to stop off at the museum Friday morning. probably not a good idea now may take it in on the way back up now.

OMG. good job I've read this thread. Having a 2 week French road trip starting Thursday 12th June (Over night from Portsmouth) and was going to stop off at the museum Friday morning. probably not a good idea now may take it in on the way back up now.

Great planning! Why don't you stay a night to soak up the atmosphere :D

Edited by 370Ad

He's had it since new.... Only 43k miles on it and it's been to Le Mans 3 times. Definatly what he would of wanted. Shame my brother can't come otherwise I would of took that instead of the zed.

Very sorry to hear of your sad loss. Enjoy Le Mans,

your Dad would have wanted it that way.

• Like 2

Only been planning it for a year and remember reading that the race was the following week :bang: I'ts a good idea though, booked into a nice hotel in Le Lude on Friday night.

Only been planning it for a year and remember reading that the race was the following week :bang: I'ts a good idea though, booked into a nice hotel in Le Lude on Friday night.

That's close....you will probably be able to hear the cars from there ;)

We'll be there, usual place, Tetre Rouge.

Tunnel on Tues, Reims overnight, home on the Mon.

As usual, can't wait, it's getting close now.

Need new gazebo, any recommendations for a strong pop up 1 that can handle le wind.

10th year on the trot for me, going along with the usual suspects and a few n00bs making a team of 28 this year I think. This was last year:

1040152_10152912659075456_1350558624_o.jpg

We are on Houx this year, look out for the massive smoke machine, fricking laser and full "all night we're not gay or owt" man disco. We also have a telly for watching live feed of the race, come say hello :D

• Like 1

Great place and great race, love Le Mans, we were going to go this year but it all sort of fell apart, I'm moving and a few of the other lads have a few life commitments too.

We stayed at ValAlan Camp site, which was next to the circuit airport, not sure what its really called.

I went in 2009 - I'm in the Nike shirt, enjoy guys, much jealous.

SDC11627.jpg

SV400874.jpg