Wizurds build. Confirmed Zeditus

wizurd

Lol that's the one. Cheers Paddy.

I'm hoping to have the bay fairly much done by the national meet but will wait and see. That bolt kit of yours will definitely help tidy things up a bit more.

Even now though I'm thinking all the front part of the engine needs polishing and or painting up. Arghhh

Edited by wizurd

Ok so finally got around to getting the exhaust fitted yesterday.

Was going to do it myself but being lazy and having too much on went down to WhifBitz garage in Caldicot.

He deals primarily with supra's (and has done for a long time so knows his stuff) but also works on pretty much anything else.

So here's some pics of the fitting.

Here she is pre the change

20140430_144050.jpg

Once they got all the old bits off there was a definite rattle on the single pipe mid section. So that explains the odd rattle i was getting around 2.5K sometimes!

20140430_151139.jpg

20140430_151147.jpg

Strangely you can just see scrapes on the y pipes. In fact they were slightly flattened off like they'd been crushed a bit but that is the top side of the exhaust so don't know how the scratches ended up on there.

Only one little issue

20140430_152253.jpg

Snapped bolt on one of the rear mounting points. No real problem though since after trying to get it all out (and it was properly seized in there), just needed to drill a new hole and add a new nut and bolt

Now the new exhaust

Shiny bits 1

20140430_152256.jpg

Shiny bits 2 (love those exhaust tips

20140430_160614.jpg

Shiny bits 3

20140430_161404.jpg

20140430_161417.jpg

You can see from the last picture as well that the flanges would have been up tight against the plastic diff cover. Thankfully the lads had already sorted that and just cut out some sections of the cover so that the exhaust isn't up against it.

Gotta say i LOVE the way it looks. Such a great looking bit of kit and the noise isn't bad either lol

So all in all a really good day yesterday, plus got home and got all the wheels off for a proper clean and seal and then bleed all the brakes as well. If only all days were this successful :)

Did also get a new radiator cap with the WhifBitz's logo on, thought why not since its a higher rated cap plus supports a local business.

Next update will be after this weekend when i have to try to:

Spray and fit slam panel, brake and battery surrounds, 3 brackets in the engine bay

Fit strut brace back on since its back now with its white powder coated feet

Fit engine cover since that's now dipped and looking mental (will have pics once its on the car)

Fit boostjunkies white flexible hosing to get rid of some of the black stuff in the engine bay

Fit door switch surrounds

hummmmm think thats it lol i'm sure there will be more and a lot of colourful language in the process :teeth:

Anyway thats it for now. Might see if i can post the vids of the before and after exhaust sounds as well. Not great since did them on my phone but gives you an idea of the change.

Overall the note is now deeper and more burbley (that a word?), still has that nice Berk HFC rasp, slightly louder and makes more pops when coming off the gas, basically all wins!

Cheers for reading

• Like 2

Am considering the bumper tuck, if i get time on the weekend. Have a niggling feeling then that i'll want to polish the diff lol

I'm feeling exactly the same re dirt. Don't want it getting dirty lol but the sound more than makes up for that.

Am considering the bumper tuck, if i get time on the weekend. Have a niggling feeling then that i'll want to polish the diff lol

I'm feeling exactly the same re dirt. Don't want it getting dirty lol but the sound more than makes up for that.

I used silver BBQ paint on the diff :)

Cheers G :) This is all your fault by the way.

"Ark" parking area sounds like an excellent idea. I reckon by next year there may be a lot more in that area lol

That's the name of the resonators i couldn't remember. Cheers

Enjoying the zeditus so far its only the bank balance that's not happy about it :surrender:

Cheers G :) This is all your fault by the way.

"Ark" parking area sounds like an excellent idea. I reckon by next year there may be a lot more in that area lol

That's the name of the resonators i couldn't remember. Cheers

Enjoying the zeditus so far its only the bank balance that's not happy about it :surrender:

Tell me about the bank balance :) I'm more than happy to accept all the blame for your "weakness". Happy to help :lol::thumbs:

And because i have zero will power.

Engine cover nuttiness:)

Not the best pic since was done by the guy at the dippers before lacquering but you get the idea.

received_m_mid_1398784775938_503d91c955f437bb64_0.jpeg

Mental :yahoo: When I saw this I took the liberty of changing the thread title :teeth:

Cheers G :lol: Your quite right think it is confirmed now

Humpy - not stickers, its a hydrofilm. Like other dippings it bonds and because part of the paint, in this case a white undercoat. Then gets lacquered and you're good to go.

Looks mental and better with some lacquer on it. As for longeivity i'm not sure yet. Fingers crossed, worth a punt.

• Like 1