Ghosts

Grundy

Right no one rip the arse out of this!!

I work in a hospital and one day I walked into a ward. A bank nurse who I have never laid eyes on in my life said to me "oh we need to talk"!

Later I was back in the same ward and she asked to speak to me in the staff room. I sat down and she said that my dad Willie said to tell me.........

I nearly passed out because the things she was talking about, no one knew about and was a real concern for me.

I racked my mind to how she would know this stuff and to this date i still don't know. Never saw her before that day and never saw her since. Also no one at work could possibly have told her anything and she only ever did one shift in our hospital!

She must be off the forum, did she mention BMW ?

How did you know that? Do you know her? Was it you??

I know her, her name is Doris Stokes

I work in a hospital and one day I walked into a ward. A bank nurse who I have never laid eyes on in my life said to me "oh we need to talk"!

Later I was back in the same ward and she asked to speak to me in the staff room. I sat down and she said that my dad Willie said to tell me.........

I nearly passed out because the things she was talking about, no one knew about and was a real concern for me.

I racked my mind to how she would know this stuff and to this date i still don't know. Never saw her before that day and never saw her since. Also no one at work could possibly have told her anything and she only ever did one shift in our hospital!

She must be off the forum, did she mention BMW ?

How did you know that? Do you know her? Was it you??

I know her, her name is Doris Stokes

Just googled her! Defo wasn't her. She was a lot younger.

For all that DO NOT believe - do you consider all spiritualists to be liars and thieves ?

100%, it's just like people who get sucked into any belief in life. They believe it because they need to use it to explain or deal with things they can't.

I suppose you could look on it from the side that they can potentially give people closure or a way to deal with things, if they need it and want to believe it then who am I to judge.

Take max revs guy for instance, he wants to believe that we're all total bellends and we're all to blame for his inane question. It gives him the ability to deal with the situation, if people didn't find a way to deal with things they'd all end up throwing themselves off bridges. It's a bit of an odd analogy but that's just 'cos I don't want the forum to forget him. :p

• Like 1

I had something very similar but not really spooky like that. I worked in a large steelworks when I was in my 20's and one day a complete stranger about my age came up to me in work and started chatting away to me. He knew my name, asked how my Lotus was going plus a few other things that only someone who knew me would know, I was too embarrassed to ask "who are you" and bluffed my way through the 5 minute conversation. Now the thing is, I have an excellent memory, especially when it comes to faces. For example I was in B&Q when I spotted a guy I was in school with like 45 years ago and hadn't seen him since. Whoever this was is a complete mystery and although I racked my brains out at the time never discovered who he was. I never saw him again but then again there were 11,000+ people working at the steelworks back then.

Pete

I had something very similar but not really spooky like that. I worked in a large steelworks when I was in my 20's and one day a complete stranger about my age came up to me in work and started chatting away to me. He knew my name, asked how my Lotus was going plus a few other things that only someone who knew me would know, I was too embarrassed to ask "who are you" and bluffed my way through the 5 minute conversation. Now the thing is, I have an excellent memory, especially when it comes to faces. For example I was in B&Q when I spotted a guy I was in school with like 45 years ago and hadn't seen him since. Whoever this was is a complete mystery and although I racked my brains out at the time never discovered who he was. I never saw him again but then again there were 11,000+ people working at the steelworks back then.

Pete

Honestly Pete, it was a total shock. What she told me was known by 3 people. Myself, my dead father and another family member. My dad had been dead for around 15 years at the time!

I've been around dead bodies for nearly 20 years at work. I've been in rooms were people have just passed away, witnessed post mortums, put thousands of bodies into fridges and I've never experienced any type of spiritual experience.

I asked a member of staff about this bank nurse and they referred to her as "spooky". Apparently she passed a message on about a patient who had died 4 years previous and the regular nurses were in shock!

I think what we really need to know is was this nurse fit? Get any pictures?

• Like 2

I think what we really need to know is was this nurse fit? Get any pictures?

Afraid not mate and a bit old if I'm honest, saying that, I've had many a good tune out of an old fiddle but not on this occasion!

Edited by stuarty
  • Like 1

I have two, sort of!

1. Playing cards at my aunt and uncles house with my parents when I was about 12, it is a big old house in Essex (cue the jokes!) anyway we are all sat around the dining table, actually joking that their house is haunted, I am sat with my dad on one side and people sat on the other. Anyway, it was one of those moments where in the periphery of your vision behind my relatives sat opposite, you see something move but it isnt anything (hard to describe, imagine heat distorting your view when it comes out of an engine on a hot day that ripple effect) - anyway it moved from left to right and almost in perfect sync as it moved all three relatives opposite us jumped forwards and looked over their shoulder one after the other. Both me and my dad (car mechanic, sensible, general all round bloke who doesnt believe in nonsense like ghosts) looked at each other didnt have to say anything! Anyway, as the Jack of Clubs had just gone down we named the ghost Jack! Glad I didnt live there though...!

2. When I was born my Nan on my Dads side was quite old but I was her 'favourite' despite having about 8 grandchildren at that point. She spent as much time with me as possible when I was a baby and spent every spare penny she had on stuff for me (we lived in the 'penthouse' on the 14th floor of a block of flats on a council estate in Barking so money was tight!). Anyway I was at my parents and unusually Nan hadn't turned up to see us when I was about 26 months old I think it was. I had this toy Nan bought me which was a dog with a phone on its back (those on here over 30 might remember them!) anyway I liked the toy a lot, I was playing on the floor with it in front of my parents and two of my aunties when I picked up the phone on the toy and clear as day said 'Bye bye nanny sleep nice' - about 20 mins later our phone rang proper it was my grandad to tell us Nan had just passed away in hospital due to a sudden heart attack. I can imagine the story has been enhanced over the years but all my family know about it!

Do I believe in ghosts, I dont think so, but hey wouldnt life be boring if everything was explained and nothing was unknown :lol:

• Like 2

I do think there is something regarding ghosts that science is yet to explain . I don't believe it's spirits from the other site as I'm not religious at all but having said that when I was a kid a friend and I saw something very odd that has stayed with me to this day .

My mum and aunt are very into spiritualism, i was lost my way with life in my late 20's and they suggested i go see a spiritualist, of course being 20 odd i was very sceptical but went anyway. Some of things he described only I knew and were way too offbeat to be random points or guesswork that someone might relate to. A couple of description of "past family members" that were with him were also incredibly accurate and trust me, i was not feeding him info or prompting, all i was saying was yes or no!

My sister died last year and very soon after passing i had a couple of things occur. My pc is at a window, the window has a pelmet, on top of the pelmet are a few items. One of them is a Snap On Ford F100 hot rod on a flat base, the base is roughly 10" x 4"! Perhaps three quarters of an inch of this over hangs and is centred on the pelmet right above my pc screen, so if it fell, it fall directly onto the screen, it hasnt moved in 8 years. Sat one day typing away and the thing literally came flying off the sill and covered about a metre and hit the return wall. There is literally no way if it had just over balanced it would travel any distance. If it had just fallen or toppled off i would have thought nothing more about it, but it didnt, it had forward motion ;)

She also had a personal reg plate, it was something like 066OCO, we used to call her Coco, as with any rubbish plate she said it said Coco, ever since she got it, i called her Oco. A year to the day of her death my niece had arranged a little rememberrance down the beach, let off a few chinese lanterns etc, me and my nephew didnt want to go (reasons i wont go into, famaily stuff). About 5 mins before i called him and said, come on we should go and he agreed, i walked out the door then and there, turned onto the main road and the car in fronts reg plate was W6 "OCO" :)

• Like 2

When I was a kid, probably about 11 me and my mates set up a ouija board in his garage

Every time we went to summon the spirits his pet rabbit would lay down in its hutch :scare:

anyway, I can tell you from experience that it actually works. Seriously, we got in touch with Bruce Lee and Elvis that afternoon :thumbs:

My mum and aunt are very into spiritualism

I'm not sure if you'd call this spiritualism but I can recount an experience I had when I was 18/19. At that time I had a real problem with warts on my hand, they were really ugly and having to hide your hands from all and sundry was getting me down. I had about 20 or so and eventually went to the doctors. He gave me some stuff to paint on them but it really had no effect, other than highlighting the warts under the lights in discos :surrender: . My mum then suggested I see Mr Lewis. a company director where my mum worked who was apparently a "wart charmer". Well, nothing to lose I reckoned so Mr Lewis arrived at our house took a good look at my hands and gave them a quick examination and said they'll be gone in a couple of weeks. A couple of weeks later and no improvement which is really what you'd expect. Anyway, a month passed and Mr Lewis asked my mum about the warts. He was or seemed quite surprised and sought another audience with me. Same thing, examined my hands for a for a few minutes and then exclaimed ah ha!. He explained to me that he had missed one of the warts and it would definitely work this time. Amazingly 2 weeks later an examination showed that about 50% of them had gone and within 6 weeks they'd all gone. These days I still get warts, they started again in my 40's but in fairly small numbers, just 2 at the moment.

Pete