What's your favourite guitar solo? Or guitarist?

glrnet

Tony Iommi's solo on Johnny Blade is one of my favourites as is Tony as a Guitarist. But then there is Jeff Loomis who is in another league to most: Here playing his 7 string PRS.

I love this programme called "betcha can't play this"

check out this guitar hero @ 1.20

Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 1

Tony Iommi's solo on Johnny Blade is one of my favourites as is Tony as a Guitarist. But then there is Jeff Loomis who is in another league to most: Her playing his 7 string PRS.

I love this programme called "betcha can't play this"

check out this guitar hero @ 1.20

This guy is really cool .................former gitarrist of Nevermore????

+1 for sultans of swing by dire straits - and yes, agree original album version was best.

I also love the guitar solo in emerald by thin lizzy - makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

If you've no idea what I'm talking about, look here -

Edited by The Seasider

In terms of who I find technically superb, then someone like Mark Knopfler would get my vote. In terms of someone who has a distinctive tone and can really make a guitar sing, then Slash or Joe Perry (criminally underrated!).

However, in terms of someone who actually inspired me to pick up a guitar and start playing, I would go with Kurt Cobain. Whilst he was a better guitarist than many give him credit for (probably due to the simple nature of a lot of Nirvana songs), he also knew how to play with a passion and an intensity that made him compelling to watch and listen to.

• Like 1

In terms of who I find technically superb, then someone like Mark Knopfler would get my vote. In terms of someone who has a distinctive tone and can really make a guitar sing, then Slash or Joe Perry (criminally underrated!).

However, in terms of someone who actually inspired me to pick up a guitar and start playing, I would go with Kurt Cobain. Whilst he was a better guitarist than many give him credit for (probably due to the simple nature of a lot of Nirvana songs), he also knew how to play with a passion and an intensity that made him compelling to watch and listen to.

+1 you just need to watch nirvana unplugged to realise how good he was