Killing the drone

BLINDS122000

Hi all

Since installing the cobra non res exhaust I'm

Starting to struggle with the drone it gives off

when cruising. I'm doing a few longer journeys

a week now and also my gf is complaing every time she gets in the car. So I'm thinking of taking

It off and replacing.

I really love the tone the cobra gives off but don't

love the drone. I could swap out the non res pipe

for the resonated pipe but I've still read people have drone issues. The only other exhaust tone

I like is the invida Gemini possibly with berks added. Here's a few questions below

1) Will the Invida drone with berks when cruising

In the 2k 2500k range?

2) has anybody gone from a cobra to the invida

And if so what's the tone like compared to each.

3) how loud would the invida be with berks

Considering the cobra non res is about 90db at 3k

Any answers would be much appreciated

Cheers guys

Alex

Thanks guys

Did look into the scorpion but thought it sounded

raspy with hfc and too quiet on its own.

Could be wrong as I haven't heard it in person.

Anybody have the invida Gemini with berks and can comment on any drone?

My one sounds a bit hissy but that's the decats, overall, I like the sound but want some more volume (but it's plenty loud enough over 3000rpm).

The Invidia Gemini with Berks I have and I wouldn't say is droney but is louder and deeper than standard when using the throttle. The Invidia totally took away the rasp of the hfc's too compared to the standard exhaust.

Sent from my AT10LE-A using Tapatalk

Thanks guys

I've just had the Invidia Gemini with Berk HFC's fitted to my 350, and am totally over the moon with it. Was on the motorway last weekend and totally no drone at all, just nice silence.....unless you hit the loud pedal.

All round it has a lovely tone whether it be on tick over or giving it full beans........but definitely no drone!!

• Like 2

So say your cruising in 6th gear doing 60mph, 2-2.5k rpm and go to slightly accelerate, do get a loud boomy sound in the cabin?

as this is whats happening with the cobra non res

If you were close by I'd show you my car to see if that's what you meant, I've not experienced any boomy sound in the cabin from the exhaust.

I used to have drone in the old MR2 but I think you get that more with 4 cylinders than 5+.

So say your cruising in 6th gear doing 60mph, 2-2.5k rpm and go to slightly accelerate, do get a loud boomy sound in the cabin?

There is also another solution to this. Change to 5th. :shrug:

If this is really just an excuse because you want a new exhaust, ignore the above. :lol:

Thanks guys

I've just had the Invidia Gemini with Berk HFC's fitted to my 350, and am totally over the moon with it. Was on the motorway last weekend and totally no drone at all, just nice silence.....unless you hit the loud pedal.

All round it has a lovely tone whether it be on tick over or giving it full beans........but definitely no drone!!

^^^ Listen to Graeme ^^^^

This is exactly what you should expect from the Invidia Gemini paired with HFC's :thumbs:

Edited by Steve 350z

No, don't get a boomy sound. It does get louder, and it's louder than standard, but it isn't a bad noise, sounds like a 6 cylinder sports car!

Thanks guys

+1. ;)

Love my Invidia Gemini system with Berks HFC's.

Absolutely no drone from what I can tell at all ~ drove it yesterday for around 40+ miles at various speeds/rpms up & down the M4 with no unwelcome noises.

Just a great sounding combo. :yahoo::)

Mine fail, but that was with the old exhaust which must have had a leak for a while which would explain the EML being triggered frequently. Since the Invidia was put on it doesn't come on. That may mean that the measurement loop will work better, I don't know. Either way, I've still got my old cats which I put in the boot and the garage swap it for me and swap it back. Costs a bit more but worth it.

May just get some silenced decats and be done with it!