considering buying a 350z with 91,000 on the clock ! help !

lewistaylo111

like I've said I looked at a 2005 350 with 91,000 , should i be very weary? the seller has said it is a gt but i seem to think thats not the case ,whats things should i be looking for with that kind of miles .

it also has bubbling on the rays alloys

should some of these points knock the price down he is trying to sell for just under 7,000

Can do a lot better than that for £7k. Be patient, have a look on the forum. Plenty around so no need to jump at the first thing you see. Its about condition and servicing rather than mileage but still say you should be able to do much better with your budget.

Payco

7K for nearly 100K sounds slightly but not overly expensive. If its a UK then it was either a GT or not. If it has leather seats cruise control etc then it is a GT. I got my 55 plate with 40K on the clock for 7.5(although needed a bit of TLC) and that was over a year ago :thumbs:

£7k a bit over the top, use the search facility on here "Buying a Zed" there are several

threads on here telling you what to look for and the difference in models.

Good Luck, but that sounds expensive for one with 91k on the clock and Rays needing a re-furb. :blush:

well i suppose i could throw a lower offer at the dealer and see what he says but i think i will keep browsing , just found a grey gt with 78000 and a recent clutch change for just under 7 id say thats better also the rays have just been refurbed

Who is the dealer the 91k one is with ?.

Just keep looking, always best to buy from a forum member

as you can be almost sure its been well looked after. :thumbs:

Edited by WhackyWill

here is the auto trader link for the 91k carhttp://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201403242766236/sort/default/usedcars/model/350_z/make/nissan/page/6/postcode/cm16xt?logcode=p

but I've been looking at a few from a dealerships called trade link

here is the auto trader link for the 91k carhttp://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201403242766236/sort/default/usedcars/model/350_z/make/nissan/page/6/postcode/cm16xt?logcode=p

but I've been looking at a few from a dealerships called trade link

Link doesn't work.

Tradelink are Traders on here.

I would keep looking, also try private you will generally have some success putting in lower offers then.

I think we all totally understand the line about 'its not about mileage but condition' but do bear in mind that you want to get something with lower mileage AND in good condition if you intend to ever sell the car in the UK market. I would rather flex other factors such as age and even facelift vs non on a Zed - the UK market is incredibly fickle, if you go the high miler route expect potentially come sale time to lose at least half of your potential buyer population simply because of the miles, in good condition or not.

• Like 1

Come down and see us! We always have a few to choose from... You are welcome to have a look round, drive 1 or 2 and leave without any ill feeling! Greg

Is that offer open to all of us Greg? :teeth::thumbs:

Wouldn't let the mileage put you off on its own if the history and condition are good. It's 2014 and people still get scared of Japanese cars over 100k.....jeez! My zed is on 97k and runs like a dream.

However if you think it's over priced then either try knock him down or look elsewhere ;)