Audi TT

spursmaddave

Cheshire Oaks Audi are shocking!

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Doubt we will buy from an Audi dealer, I usually look for decent (ie been around a while) Independent dealers, I always look up things to look out for, early days still considering options at the moment...

My mrs has a 58 plate 2.0 tfsi dsg roadster. After a week of owning it the window regulator failed, thankfully the dealer fixed it under warranty. The interior is very well put together and made with quality materials, the Bose is signifanctly better than the 350z (maybe just because it's newer). As for driving I do find it a tad boring compared to my 350z but maybe that's partially down to the gearbox, which is phenomenal but does take a bit of the pleasure out of driving. It also gets nowhere near the amount of compliments when parked next mine on the drive whilst I'm cleaning them.

Edited by Jimmyflo

Electrical problems all over and Audi UK were less than helpful.

We owned one from 2002-2005 and had loads of electrical issues. Luckily it was a leased company car so we didn't have to deal with Audi, nevertheless, things were so bad that at one stage we had 2 hire cars from the lease company sitting on our drive. It broke down early in the week, they took it away leaving a hire car returned the car a couple of days later but didn't take the hire car with them only for a completely different problem to occur a couple of days later resulting in yet another hire car, quite funny really. I actually really liked the car when it was running properly. Problems were mainly related to ignition and door locks and we had to call them out about 10 times in all.

Pete

The newer ones definitely feel well put together and the grip off the Quattro is immense. Bizarrely the FWD petrol is supposed to be a better drive though (so I hear).

Cheap tax

Decent fuel economy

Good looking

Problem is they just don't quite stir the soul like an mx5 or a zed.

I've had my ttrs for nearly 2years now with no problems whatsoever, and judging by the TT forums during that period I wouldn't say the TT is a particularly problematic car. What I would definitely agree with are the comments on here re Audi itself - dealers on the whole are shocking! As my car is modified I now use an Indy but my experience of my local stealer leaves a lot to be desired.

We looked at a diesel very recently to replace Gill's company car, but she was massively disappointed when she test drove it. It was nice, don't get me wrong, but didn't feel at all "special". She also had a very limited choice of new ones as the new version is upon us imminently.

I've always had a soft spot for the TT, desperately wanted a MKI before I realised I could afford a Zed. I still quite fancy a TT RS as I'd wager that does feel "special". You can't really go wrong with a TT though, they look nice, good build quality, fast, fairly economical... Pretty much a winner! :)

We looked at a diesel very recently to replace Gill's company car, but she was massively disappointed when she test drove it. It was nice, don't get me wrong, but didn't feel at all "special". She also had a very limited choice of new ones as the new version is upon us imminently.

I've always had a soft spot for the TT, desperately wanted a MKI before I realised I could afford a Zed. I still quite fancy a TT RS as I'd wager that does feel "special". You can't really go wrong with a TT though, they look nice, good build quality, fast, fairly economical... Pretty much a winner! :)

See now I did feel like it was 'special' after coming from a Z4 but it just didn't excited me. The dervs torque was lovely but then you hit 3500rpm and your smile just drops off your face and you remember that tractors have Diesel engines.

See now I did feel like it was 'special' after coming from a Z4 but it just didn't excited me. The dervs torque was lovely but then you hit 3500rpm and your smile just drops off your face and you remember that tractors have Diesel engines.

I have to agree with the 3500 rpm bit............. :blush: - very good upto that point though

Ok I said I would resist posting my Audi winge but my A4 needed a top end rebuild (4 years old just out of warranty of course) Cambelt Tensioner failed on the motorway at 70! :surrender:

My mate towed me to the dealers - who promptly asked me to take it round the back (obviously a broken down Audi does not look good in front of the showroom.) After a lot of letters and calls to Audi Uk, they agreed to pay for the parts and I paid for Labour.

To be fair to dealers they were actually very good (well mechanics were). 2 weeks later the accelerator pedal fell off, I replaced myself. Following month the drivers window winder failed (snapped cable) , which I repaired myself. At which point I had enough and went Jap - never looked back and will never buy Audi again.

They are great looking cars however if you live in a town full or attractive Blondes you yearn for a brunette really dont you? :D

They are so common on the roads, a victim of their success I suppose but god help you when they go wrong as parts are stupid money, even if you go independent.

I always wanted a Mk 1 TT when it came out but the sheer number of issues with them put me off in the end.

Cheers for posting Stan, no problem with hearing goid and bad :)

And yes a DSG 2.0 Petrol Quattro is what we will be looking for if we decide to get one...

Sent from the golf club...

You will probably never have any issues whatsoever I just got a bad one.

So good luck with your search matey

Cheers for posting Stan, no problem with hearing goid and bad :)

And yes a DSG 2.0 Petrol Quattro is what we will be looking for if we decide to get one...

You will probably never have any issues whatsoever I just got a bad one.

So good luck with your search matey

Still not 100% decided to be honest but yeah the amount of them about there are bound to be a few friday afternoon cars around....