Audi TT

spursmaddave

Missus has her heart set on a new car later this year, she just hasn't fallen in love with the MX-5 which is a shame because I really like it :drive1:

Anyway after guiding her away from 350's and 370's :p

She was looking at Z4's again but guided her away from those, now she is looking at Audi TT's. Initially she was looking at diesels as I think it has the same 170ps engine our old Leon had but I am persuading her to get a petrol as she won't be doing too many miles and maybe a quattro too which will be nice :teeth:

Anyone had one, I know Ricey had/has the derv but not sure if it is the quattro or not :shrug:

She wants a red one though :(

media_zps4f1f3ee6.jpg

media1_zpsae2203d6.jpg

Not everyones cup of earl grey but a very nice car all the same

Yep I had the derv Quattro mate (all dervs have Quattro).

Very nice motor but the Quattro makes the derv pointless as it's 35mpg at best on combined cycle. The 2l petrol is apparently far more engaging, faster and no ballache of the Quattro.

Build quality was patchy.......mine went back a couple of times. In particular the mirror fell off and the entire windscreen had to be replaced, on the Quattro the wheels need 'load balancing' otherwise the car shakes like buggery at 70mph

Yep I had the derv Quattro mate (all dervs have Quattro).

Very nice motor but the Quattro makes the derv pointless as it's 35mpg at best on combined cycle. The 2l petrol is apparently far more engaging, faster and no ballache of the Quattro.

Build quality was patchy.......mine went back a couple of times. In particular the mirror fell off and the entire windscreen had to be replaced, on the Quattro the wheels need 'load balancing' otherwise the car shakes like buggery at 70mph

Ah cheers fella, yeah pretty much what I said to Mary, no point getting the derv for a few extra mpg as she won't be doing many miles and we have the waftmobile for long runs ;)

So with your new autotrader hat on, find me a decent 2l one in red and I will chop in the MX-5 :p

I have to disagree with the mpg - i had the derv and easily got a combined 50mpg

170bhp and stuck to the road like glue

by all means go for the petrol but i loved mine, one of the best cars I ever had

and no quality issues at all - i think Ricey might have had a duck or I was just lucky :shrug:

I have to disagree with the mpg - i had the derv and easily got a combined 50mpg

by all means go for the petrol but i loved mine, one of the best cars I ever had

and no quality issues at all - i think Ricey might have had a duck or I was just lucky :shrug:

50mpg?! Mate I couldn't even get that on a long run......upper 40's max even when pootling. Mine was 3 years old though

Cheers Andy, sounds about right as I said we had a Leon 170bhp derv, same VAG engine I believe and that did 50mpg too, I just think we may as well get the petrol one as short journeys may cause issues....

Mary says she likes it because it looks like a Zed :lol:

Eh? 7 seconds 0-60 mate.

The Quattro definitely affects the mpg significantly.

That said it's still a good car.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Depends on the model Ricey ~ there is a 3.2 V6 Quattro petrol version one that I believe the 0-60 time is around the 5.5 second mark. ;)

Eh? 7 seconds 0-60 mate.

Depends on the model Ricey ~ there is a 3.2 V6 Quattro petrol version one that I believe the 0-60 time is around the 5.5 second mark. ;)

Been looking at an 08/09 TTS 2l which is 5.4 and averages 35mpg (which will be around 30 but still decent)

Eh? 7 seconds 0-60 mate.

Been looking at an 08/09 TTS 2l which is 5.4 and averages 35mpg (which will be around 30 but still decent)

Sounds good. ;)

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/Search-Results/First-drives/Audi-TTS-Coupe-2008-CAR-review/

They are nice looking cars and I would agree, short trips dont buy diesel you will be creating expensive repairs for yourself, dpf glogging etc, petrol best.

I have to say(although not had one myself) I know 2 people at work with TT's and both have spent more time at the dealers than home.

Both purchased new from Cheshire Oaks Audi.

Just about every issue you could name from annoying niggles to important stuff, so please do a proper check before you buy and get a warranty.

Good luck with the search anyway.

I have had a mk1 tt and it was the most unreliable car I ever owned then I bought a merc slk and it was a great car. After 3 years of owning the slk a friend showed me the new tt that was coming out in a magazine and so I went to Audi and had a test drive.

I bought the 3.2 v6 brand new and it was a unreliable dog from the start. Electrical problems all over and Audi UK were less than helpful.

Avoid Audi as a company.

I have had a mk1 tt and it was the most unreliable car I ever owned then I bought a merc slk and it was a great car. After 3 years of owning the slk a friend showed me the new tt that was coming out in a magazine and so I went to Audi and had a test drive.

I bought the 3.2 v6 brand new and it was a unreliable dog from the start. Electrical problems all over and Audi UK were less than helpful.

Avoid Audi as a company.

I was deliberately not wanting to mention my fun with Audi UK over my A4 years ago, but as Zeus has stated avoid Audi UK I will never buy Audi again. I hope they have improved both in quality and service but it seems not? Maybe I was unlucky and got a Friday afternoon special but ....

I repeat do a proper check and get a warranty with it.

Good luck