UKtom from Hampshire!

Hi there! Thought I'd introduce myself as I picked up my 350 on Monday - my names Tom and I'm from Fareham, Portsmouth :)

Used to own a MINI Cooper S with some subtle OEM+ touches so I'm almost certain the zed won't stay standard for long! Pics of the MINI (I'll really miss it!!):

d79408ac-8e81-4b99-8faa-32761fdbd356_zps23308436.jpg

Took me a few weeks to find the right one when this one popped up a couple of hours away; a facelift 56 plate which was pretty much top of the range... I'll let the pics do the talking. The night I picked it up:

image_zpsafb4ec00.jpg

image_zpsf3ce7e97.jpg

The paintwork was awful and had so many swirls/scratches - think it had been put through a car wash it's whole life! After a snow foam, clay, polish and wax this is how it came up...

image_zpsb71c92c4.jpg

image_zpsc221702d.jpg

image_zpsf96e4e53.jpg

image_zpse11affa1.jpg

image_zps906f31cd.jpg

and the first mod (albeit small): LED numberplate bulbs. Can't have a car without them!

image_zps8071c258.jpg

so the 'to do' mods list is huge, I won't bore you all... just watch this space ;) The private plate from the mini will soon been transferred once I have the new v5 through.

Thanks for looking :)

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Tom. :welcome:

Lovely Zed you have and your mates one in the background. ;)

One question ~ what snow foam are you using? seems to foam up really well. :thumbs:

Thanks! Autobrite magifoam & lance I've found works the best for me :)

One question ~ what snow foam are you using? seems to foam up really well. :thumbs:

Look's like it works a lot better than the snow foam I use.

Might look into that stuff once I get through the two litres I've got left of Demon snow foam. Thanks. ;)

• Like 1

Might look into that stuff once I get through the two litres I've got left of Demon snow foam. Thanks. ;)

**Argh, wrote this all out, miss clicked and went back a page, and now I'm retyping this even more with this bloody sentence :lol:**

I was on Demon, I've now tried something else, albeit just as cheap (£15) for 2/3 lts - And to be fair, it's just the same as demon in terms of foamy. It had tons of good reviews, says it foamed up well etc - I think the issue we got is the Lance/Snow Foam Gun.

**Argh, wrote this all out, miss clicked and went back a page, and now I'm retyping this even more with this bloody sentence :lol:**

I was on Demon, I've now tried something else, albeit just as cheap (£15) for 2/3 lts - And to be fair, it's just the same as demon in terms of foamy. It had tons of good reviews, says it foamed up well etc - I think the issue we got is the Lance/Snow Foam Gun.

You might be right as the snow foam lance I'm using is the one that came with my Halfords pressure jet washer. I may look into a new one but from what I've just looked at the Autobrite magnifoam can be bought with a lance. I'll just have to make it fit my pressure washer then, "Heath Robinson" style. :lol:

Also found this interesting picture to show you how good the Autobrite stuff appears to be. :surrender::D

429587_303102356418286_100001555711291_867614_35.jpg

• Like 4