Help! Highview parking fine??

stuarty

I had a similar PCN from Parking Eye, ironically when parking at Sunderland Eye Hospital.

After checking on the web I sent this letter and received one back saying they would "let me off on this occasion". :)

Ticket number: xx

Vehicle registration number: xx

You issued me with a parking ticket on 15/10/2012 and although not on the Parking on Private Land Appeals list of grounds for appeal I believe the ticket was unfairly issued and I will not be paying your demand for payment for the following reason :

• The fee is disproportionate

According to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract Regulations, parking charges on private land must not exceed the cost to the landowner during the period the motorist is parked there. In my case, the £40 (and then £70) charge you are asking for far exceeds the maximum cost to the landowner of £2.00.

If you choose to pursue me please be aware that I will not enter into any correspondence and this will be the only letter you will receive from me until you answer the specific point raised in my letter.

• Like 2

I was talking to a friend from work who got a parking charge from this lot of scumbags a week ago. He said he recognised the letter as his wife is currently going though the process.

He said he didn't open it and wrote on the envelope "No longer at this address" and stuck it in a postbox back to them!

I'm curious as to how this will go.

• 3 months later...

Hi can any one help I received a letter of highview parking saying I have to pay a £70 fine but if I pay within 14 days it will be £42, I have looked on the Internet about this and poeple say just ignore, I wonder how you all got on please.

Hi can any one help I received a letter of highview parking saying I have to pay a £70 fine but if I pay within 14 days it will be £42, I have looked on the Internet about this and poeple say just ignore, I wonder how you all got on please.

Send it back with a turd.

• Like 1

What about National Car parks Ltd on a private road.

I challenged it as I reversed into the road and went to a Chemist opposite.

I got the same sort of @*!# but as I am skint I wrote to them saying I was disabled and dyslexic!

They wrote back saying that they sympathise but it stands.

If I pay it within 28 days I pay £50 or £90 with the usual debt collection threats.

Thanks

Hey thanks for your help, but the thing is I have sent them a email saying basically im not going to pay and they replied with this.This PCN was issued legally and correctly according to the British Parking Association Approved Operators Scheme.

The amount of this charge is a genuine pre estimate of loss, and we are full authorised to operate on this site.

Given that the signage is displayed in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, the fact that you were unaware of the terms and conditions in place is not considered a mitigating circumstance for appeal.

In light of this, on this occasion, your representations have been carefully considered and rejected.

We can confirm that we will hold the charge at the current rate for a further 14 days from the date of this correspondence, after which the full amount will be due.

Ah, you have acknowledged it now, so ignoring it is going to be harder. Iv had a couple of parking tickets, one of which was actually un just, i just ignored the initial letter, and ignored the follow up letters, as well as any threats. After a couple of months, they give up. Im presuming because they cant be sure you live where the car is registered, so would not waste a bayliff's time sending someone round to a property that may or may not exist, and where you may not live anyway. Anything from the police or council must be paid, anything else, just ignore everything, they will get bored.