Help! Highview parking fine??

stuarty

Agree with the others.. I've had one read up and ignored it, got another, ignored it, got another, ignored it.... Never heard from them again. It's a total scam for people willing to give up their money when someone comes up with a convincing official sounding letter. As said they can only claim from you what they've lost and in a car park that's free or very cheap, they won't ever bring it to court even if they threaten it

• Like 1

I received one the other month after using my mates permit to park outside his house when visiting. Premier Park Ltd claimed that it was an invalid permit and stung me with a charge of £60. I have now received a letter from Gladstones Solicitors requesting a payment of £192.25! Wtf!!

What do we think guys. I am astonished and feel that it is totally unjust!

He advised me that it was a visitors....which I was

But was it? Or was it just his own one that he'd thrown to you and hoped that no-one would notice?

If it was a visitor one, then what did they say when you appealed after you received the first £60 invoice?

He advised me that it was a visitors....which I was

But was it? Or was it just his own one that he'd thrown to you and hoped that no-one would notice?

If it was a visitor one, then what did they say when you appealed after you received the first £60 invoice?

Well I am not sure as I didn't scrutinise it. I believe it was I as doubt very much he would stitch me up. He put the permit in the car. It wasn't until a few days later I received what they call a PCN in the post.

Premier Park didn't respond after demanding an explanation and now I have received a letter from Gladstones with a fee of £192.

I have now issued a letter to the both of them, which many suggest I should not do. Bit risky IMO

I received one the other month after using my mates permit to park outside his house when visiting. Premier Park Ltd claimed that it was an invalid permit and stung me with a charge of £60. I have now received a letter from Gladstones Solicitors requesting a payment of £192.25! Wtf!!

Gladstone are also full off @*!#.......ambulance chasers.

Ignore

• Like 1

Gladstone are also full off @*!#.......ambulance chasers.

Ignore

Gladstone are the ones chasing me :lol:

A quick google shows that they are linked to the parking company also chasing me :lol:

• Like 1

Unless it's a fine, they can't enforce it in any way, they can try take you to court but if they win they'll only be able to get what they lost in revenue or whatever which isn't usually worth them taking you to court for. They'll threaten it and then forget about you when you don't reply. If it is a fine, pay it

Unless it's a fine, they can't enforce it in any way, they can try take you to court but if they win they'll only be able to get what they lost in revenue or whatever which isn't usually worth them taking you to court for. They'll threaten it and then forget about you when you don't reply. If it is a fine, pay it

Cheers Clockwize, exactly my thoughts and the opinions of many on here. I think I will refuse to pay and argue my case if their court threats do hold substance.

So I started this thread a good few weeks ago now and to date I've had my initial letter with a reduced charge for prompt payment, then the second letter for full amount.

Today i got a third letter with the charge now £130 and threading legal action from their solicitors and the thread of a CCJ!

I still haven't acknowledged any of the letters but its starting to hack me off!!

Edited by stuarty

What did the shop you bought the furniture from say?

They contacted the centre management on my behalf but they unfortunately are inundated with such issues regarding the car park. The manager called me and said to post a copy of my receipt to Highview, but couldn't guarantee it would get dropped as Highview are a separate company in the business of making money.

I thought about sending it but don't want to acknowledge them as advised on here.

I still haven't acknowledged any of the letters but its starting to hack me off!!

I replied to Premier Park and Gladstones doctoring a template from Pepipoo, an example on here and tailoring to suit my argument (the key facts). I didn't want to ignore potential solicitor letters so decided that a response was needed, even though the letter is riddled with errors. I identified that I wasn't in possession of the car (ie the driver) and in short told them that I would not be paying as it is unjust etc and for them to quash it or provide me with a code to challenge it.

I am happy to go to court (which I don't think it will come to) as I believe I am completely innocent. If I am torn to shreds in court and do have to pay at least I know that I am in the wrong, gave it ago and wasn't bullied into paying. As I understand it as long as you pay the charge dictated by the courts then a CCJ will not happen.

Do what you personally think is best as everybody has different opinions. That way at least you are happy with the way you acted.

Btw I am still awaiting a response from them almost two weeks later and have a final draft to send back them. The buggers!!

• Like 1

So I started this thread a good few weeks ago now and to date I've had my initial letter with a reduced charge for prompt payment, then the second letter for full amount.

Today i got a third letter with the charge now £130 and threading legal action from their solicitors and the thread of a CCJ!

Advice is still IGNORE in Scotland - please don't fall into their trap and contact them even if you're just in the mood of a good row - you'll just get put to the top of their 'harass' list and the letters will increase in addition to calls. The letters will stop. :thumbs:

Advice is still IGNORE in Scotland - please don't fall into their trap and contact them even if you're just in the mood of a good row - you'll just get put to the top of their 'harass' list and the letters will increase in addition to calls. The letters will stop. :thumbs:

Thanks Vik, I've never even had a parking ticket in my life. I cancelled the order for the goods I bought that day at a furniture store. As I work weekends i always try to do things like shopping mid morning on a weekday. The car park was empty and I ended up spending longer than I wanted buying furniture then went for lunch.

I did order the furniture from there website second time round but at least the store didn't get my order. Sounds petty but if they had fought my corner I would have been happy.

Wait, what?

So you're complaining about receiving a ticket for overstaying in a car park intended for customers of a store you didn't even end up using?!

You're right, that does sound petty.

What??

I spent 2 hours in the furniture store buying goods, then went for lunch at a near by place, I then drove home. 2 weeks later I received the charge, contacted the store to complain, they did nothing, so I cancelled my order. Got my money back and then bought the goods from there website.