Berks Plus Cobra system fitted!

Rock_Steady

Fitted as above, and OMG, how good does it sound? like blood and thunder! I read on here somewhere that someone had the EML light come on after 80 miles on 2 occasions prior to fitting his HFCs, so what a great excuse to do 80 miles plus this weekend with the wonderful weather. No EML light and the car sounds fantastico! Very addictive. get up to 3500 - 4k and... gird your loins. I've done the plenum spacer, velocity stacker, cold air feed and now the exaust system, next up is the re-map/revup! I can barely contain my excitement.

• Like 5

TBH jp, I have no idea if it's res or not. When I bought the zed it was standard bar the back box plus mid pipe to Ypipe. i'm not sure how to tell the difference between the res and non res on looks alone. I can only tell you that it's surprisingly quiet at low revs so I'd say it's non res? nevertheless, it's ear splittingly loud after 3500 k onwards to WOT. I'll try to get some sound clips up ASAP :teeth:

Edited by Rock_Steady

I have berks, cobra exhaust/ypipe and the jwt pop charger and it does sound epic. I have the resonated Cobra which is the quieter option than the non resonated.

Though I am keeping an eye out for a different exhaust.

• Like 1

went for another cruise yesterday after work. I can't get enough of the sound once it's warmed up. Sounds like a symphony of evil! In regards to passing an MOT I was under the impression that it depended on how many cells the cat has. Not to clued up on it but as glrnet said, should pass :)

I have had a cobra with HFC for a while, (with thanks to Mitz at Cougar store)

and thought it was the bomb....

However, Mitz sorted me some Exhaust gaskets, and then Jez at horsham remapped it, and it is a completely different animal.

Remap will put such a huge smile on your face. ;p

• Like 1

I have Invidia HFC's and a Scorpion exhaust, and love the noise. Had my MOT yesterday, which it passed with the HFC's fitted. Though you need to run the car 'properly' before the emissions are done, as at the first attempt it didnt pass. Though also had the EML light on despite just having o2 spacers fitted which probably didnt help. They need to be properly hot to be MOT passable.

Sounds to me like we all ought to club together and bulk buy Rock_Steady a box of incontinence pants as he seems to be having so much fun at the moment and after the re-map he's not going to be able to contain himself ---literally. Envy is a beast and I'm both envious and jealous and need to start saving.....Hard.

• Like 1