Got some Rays fitted

GT Driver

So I'm on my second Zed. Before purchasing my second one I said it would have to have Rays- unfortunately there was not much choice here in ROI in terms of well looked after Zeds so I ended up buying a '05 Blade Silver with standard GT wheels. Here is how she looked before:

20140202_170404_zpsbf321d09.jpg

I picked up a set of used Rays alloys yesterday (fitting all 4 inside the Zed's cabin might I add B) ) and now she looks like this:

Rays5_zpsa3a2c1ba.jpg

Rays3_zps15247f38.jpg

Rays1_zps0770b844.jpg

Really notice the difference in weight over the GT wheels. I couldn't believe how light the rims were when I was handling them. I think they really make the car and set it off. Love the increased exposure of the Brembo caliper. It's class.

And of course the combination of living in an apartment and not having enough space results in having to store the old wheels in my bathroom :lol:

IMG_20140329_101703_zpssket8kuz.jpg

Edited by GT Driver
  • Like 6

When I had my zed with standard alloys i drove it and then drove NeilP's zed with rays or Nismo alloys (cant remember) and I couldn't believe how light his car felt!

Not sure if it was the alloys or all the suspension mods he had but felt really light compared to my car.

I actually prefer the Touring wheels you had before. I must be the only person that prefers them lol

I wanted Tourers on my black Z but it came with Rays. So be it. Is there really that much a difference in feeling then is there???

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Cheers guys :D

Shame you aren't closer to me as I'd have swapped mine for yours lol

I know that would have been ideal! It's hard to come by Rays here in Ireland but I was lucky and the seller was only 20 mins drive away.

I threw my GT wheels up for sale on a site over here... not too many Zeds so I don't even know if they'll sell!

Have they been refurbished do you know as they look in excellent condition. Mine need a full refurb as I don't think they've been done in the last 10 years and 117,000 miles lol

They are in very good condition - hardly any marks on them at all. I'm not sure even if they have been refurbed - I know these suffer from corrosion and I can't spot any on the set I've bought. They came off a 350z convertible that ended up in a breakers yard. Car had front end damage but none to the wheels thankfully.

They are well worth refurbing as they really do set the car off. You should be able to get them done in the UK fairly cheap - I think the going rate for a wheel refurb is about 50 euro in Dublin.

Nope they werent refurbished at all. Just a good find from a decent enthusiast ;)

Oh hi there michael :p

The rays really do set off a 350, but they just werent dark enough for me and I couldn't bring myself to paint a set in such good condition.

• Like 1