Please considering visiting our Merchandise area and purchasing branded items as it helps to support this community and keep it free to use

Welcome to 350Z & 370Z UK

Welcome to the largest 350z & 370z community in the UK.
You are welcome to browse the forums as a Guest, however to get the full benefit we advice you register and create an account. It's quick and it's FREE!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grundy

Knockhill Track Day Accident

44 posts in this topic

Wow... that track looks scary :lol: Is that place prone to accidents?

The guy driving this car is an absolute whopper! Hands all over the steering wheel, taking awkward lines and steaming right into the back of that Corsa after it had obviously clipped that Impreza. Zero awareness, no skill and a bit too excited.

2 people like this

Wow, is it me or are they crazily bunched up for a track day as opposed to a race?

Shot from the car behind the accident

Is that Kevin Bacon driving that car?

I hate corsas anyways :lol: especially the red tops :)

Great track to drive on but sadly only been on twice neither with a zed.

No track etiquette whatsoever! Faster car coming past towards a bend......balls to him I'll make him take the outside line. Tosser

Wow, is it me or are they crazily bunched up for a track day as opposed to a race?

They certainly seem to be acting as if they are in a race.

And why were the FWD boys all trying to over/undertake each other through the corners? Just looked stupid

If someone was up my arse like that on a track day I think I'd be having some serious words with them in the pit lane. No need!

1 person likes this

And thats why you only do prestige track days at knockhill :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

So after a big shunt like that he tries to get back on the circuit and dump as much liquid as he can on the track. Clever guy.

3 people like this

So after a big shunt like that he tries to get back on the circuit and dump as much liquid as he can on the track. Clever guy.

Yep, should have left in the grass and not run the chance of ending the day due to track conditions.

Knockhill is a good circuit but even though its small - takes some time to get lines right. Seen a few crashes like this at same place (both bikes n cars).

Massive fail on every level I would say and not just the standard of driving or track etiquette. By the looks of the cars going through in the 2nd video I would also say it was a badly run track day, any day I have been on and the organisers try to put in the most part similarly paced cars out in the same group were possible.

First thing in any track day brief, this is not a race!

Many mistakes there, from all involved.

Lack of awareness, lack of space, lack of courtesy, lack of talent. Very poor driving all round. This is why I pay that bit extra and go with people like BaT, who have very clear rules on stuff like this.

2 people like this

Is this a recent video? Whilst I was watching it the VHS quality and cars on track made me think it was from the mid 90s :lol:

1 person likes this

Is this a recent video? Whilst I was watching it the VHS quality and cars on track made me think it was from the mid 90s :lol:

Bang up to date, if th picture is no good, just adjust the tracking dial :lol:

1 person likes this

Now that's why I wont do track days with my Zed. :scare: :scare:

It's all about attitude and common sense. If you do track days with other more expensive cars then they're far more worried about you, so tend to stay away a bit more ;):lol:

Cheapy days full of numpties with crappy cars is a recipe for disaster.

Now that's why I wont do track days with my Zed. :scare: :scare:

It's all about attitude and common sense. If you do track days with other more expensive cars then they're far more worried about you, so tend to stay away a bit more ;):lol:

Cheapy days full of numpties with crappy cars is a recipe for disaster.

Used to work at Brands in a previous lifetime, seen it all before. Including a builders van

which rolled at Druids and covered the circuit in thousands of nails, a large magnet

suspended on a tractor spend a day picking them up..!! :scare: :scare:

I've never done a car trackday but done loads of bike ones

Don't think I'll be bothering if that is the standard of driving and the heaps of @*!# that frequent them

Nice, little wave to the camera them ram someone in the rear end

Rob

That's not the standard that I've witnessed on the days I've done.

No, Ive not seen anything like that either - from the point they were weaving to heat up their tyres :doh: to the point where none of them are looking further than 5 feet past the front of their cars that was pretty despicable.

Im all up for a bit of banter but that was like watching a load of drunks or something.