What a moron...

evest

Me that is...

So I decided to change my LSD oil today, as the car is now over 10 years old and has over 120K on the clock, I thought it wouldn't do any harm.

To keep it short, all I'll say is: make sure you can get the filler bolt out BEFORE you take the drain bolt out! :blush:

Yes - total moronic lack of common sense... and you can imagine my despair when said filler bolt wouldn't budge and my wrench was simply deforming the female hex slot.

Well, in a procedure that was messier than a bad day in the Funhouse (remember that?!) I managed to pump 2 litres of oil in through the drain hole whilst simultaneously trying to plug it with my free(ish) hand. With the amount of oil that escaped during this, I have ended up, more or less, with the specified 1.4 litres in there and the car is thankfully running fine.

I'll still be getting some penetrating oil or something to try and get the filler bolt off to check the level properly though...

I'm sure that there will be at least one other person out there who will try and do the same thing, so, if you're reading this - learn from my mistake and check that filler bolt first!!!

:lol:

• Like 1

I remember my old man back in the 60, s doing an oil change on his 375 Consul over a street grid, 3 gallon cans of oil later and still no reading on the dipstick and then there sat on top off the air filter pan was the sump plug laughing at him.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Maybe these two will ease your pain :)

fun-house.png

I bet he shagged them both together, :dry: ...lucky bast**d. :lol::D

Think they are his Sisters, but incest is Relative I'm told.. :scare:

Got all my cousins to help with the gardening recently ... my garden is now relatively weed free

All options we're being considered about 2 hrs ago, includimg turning her upside down! ! But I'll try a wire brush and plentry of Wd40 first!!

At least you had the nuts to admit your mistake. We've all done something silly at some point. And don't use WD40, get some of this http://www.tooled-up.com/product/plusgas-dismantling-de-seizing-lubricant-aerosol-200ml/140169/?Referrer=googleproductlisting&gclid=CPHerv2Gp70CFcuWtAod_moAcA

All options we're being considered about 2 hrs ago, includimg turning her upside down! ! But I'll try a wire brush and plentry of Wd40 first!!

I would be ordering a new plug mate and as for getting it out, loads of heat and a good pair of stilsons.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Me that is...

So I decided to change my LSD oil today, as the car is now over 10 years old and has over 120K on the clock, I thought it wouldn't do any harm.

To keep it short, all I'll say is: make sure you can get the filler bolt out BEFORE you take the drain bolt out! :blush:

Yes - total moronic lack of common sense... and you can imagine my despair when said filler bolt wouldn't budge and my wrench was simply deforming the female hex slot.

Well, in a procedure that was messier than a bad day in the Funhouse (remember that?!) I managed to pump 2 litres of oil in through the drain hole whilst simultaneously trying to plug it with my free(ish) hand. With the amount of oil that escaped during this, I have ended up, more or less, with the specified 1.4 litres in there and the car is thankfully running fine.

I'll still be getting some penetrating oil or something to try and get the filler bolt off to check the level properly though...

I'm sure that there will be at least one other person out there who will try and do the same thing, so, if you're reading this - learn from my mistake and check that filler bolt first!!!

"my wrench was simply deforming the female hex slot".

I like the sound of that, lol!

• Like 1

Me that is...

"my wrench was simply deforming the female hex slot".

I like the sound of that, lol!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe these two will ease your pain :)

fun-house.png

I bet he shagged them both together, :dry: ...lucky bast**d. :lol::D

I'm saying nothing mate

You know you would if you could. :D

:dry: Although they're probably both in their 40's by now. :lol:

Many a good tune out of an old fiddle!

Edited by stuarty