The Power Enterprise TT Begins!

Gaz Walker

Well after getting my car back from the bodyshop I have now embarked on fitting the Power Enterprise Turbo kit to the "Z". Last thing on Saturday I pulled the car into position on the two poster ramp to begin work on the Sunday morning. I took the destructions home and decided to read them with a few Can's of the finest lager and contemplate the job ahead.

After a little later than usual start on Sunday morning around 9.30 myself and my head mechanic Rob got to work. We started by removing the front bumper and undertray and removed it to a safe place so my freshly painted bumper could not be accidently damaged. Once the bumper was of we started on the airbox assembly and radiator. After that we strted on the Plenum and eventualy got down to the injectors.

Once most of the easy parts were done we moved onto removing the exhaust system and then on to the dreaded manifolds. We were making good progress until we hit those, but boy are they hard work. Its fare to say there were alot of skined knucles and the air was filled with more than a few expletives. It really was hard going and the kneck shoulders and back certainly came in for some torture. It got to around 2 O'clock and Victory was finally ours, the car was fully stripped and ready to add some lovely new bits!

Thinking the going would get easier we embarked on fitting the new manifolds, well that was easier said than done as all the new studs were pretty tight and all the holes in the block needed to be re-taped to ensure we could hand tighten the studs. It got to around 4.30 and both manifold were on the car and we decided to call it a day.

Here are a few pic's although they were from today so you can see we have progressed some what.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Thanks

Kevin

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mechanic ( mate) and i overdid the few cans of lager bit on Saturday night so didnt even get my stubby done on Sunday. Thanks for the pics. Very interesting.

Look forward to seeing the finished product.

Where you at, up your way at the weekend. Wouldnt mind a chat.

A few pictures of yesterdays work up to lunch time:

Intercooler fitted and couplers secured with mikalor clamps

10.jpg

Power Enterprise Radiator fitted with upper and lower blue rad hose's.

11.jpg

Intercooler pipes and left airfilter fitted.

12.jpg

Right air filter and intercooler pipes fitted.

13.jpg

Bottom intercooler pipe fitted and secured.

14.jpg

15.jpg

New PE belts fitted shame they arn't Blue :-(

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Power Enterprise and Denso Plugs fitted.

19.jpg

Well as of 2' O clock today the Turbo kit is officially fitted! We had a few problems with error codes at first but they were soon cleared with our diagnostic computer and the car was ready to test drive.

I took it easy at first but you could tell there was a little extra pull low down. I took the car for a gentle drive then pulled over to check for any leaks and went over all the mikalor clamps and small jubilee clamps and checked each one and tightened it up a little further. Once I had a bit more confidence in the install I started to give it a little more beans, all I can say is WoW! that 112 lepton limiter comes up so much quicker! Oh and it sounds so good, I would say a maybe little quiter but a more aggresive meaningfull tone.

I was smiling from "ear to ear", there is just no noticable lag and I was really surprised at the extra grunt that has been obtained despite running the boost at such a low level.

The best thing about going this first forced induction route is that there is no need for stand alone ECU's or fuel computers which is so different from any other N/A car we have ever turbo'd. Everything operates as stock but their is just so much more performance on tap!

Now looking forward to the long Journey down to JAE. It now looks like the Z will be our main demo car this year as I just have not had a chance to put the Supra back together so I guess I will just have to save that for TOTB.

Thanks

Kevin

not much! (compared to an APS TT conversion anyway) :teeth: I'll let Kevin get the price out in the open

Did a bit of research on this kit today on my350z and tech, it's not as widely used in the US like the APS one but probably better suited to a stock motor out of the box, and very complete out of the box (bar some sort of engine management which I'd always want tbh).

Question is: (and my dilemma too) would the power out of the box (stock engine) suffice or would you want a little bit more later on? because if you did... then you'd end up having to upgrade injectors (the 380cc it comes with are a bit on the small side for over 400hp aims) get a proper fuel return system, and of course open the engine for the internals.

it sure is quick out of the box, and with std internals (only tt kit with std internals to figure in the top 15 1/4 mile times lest for my350z users... ) but is it worth it if you want over 400bph? An APS kit is good for 600bhp (turbos are bigger than the PE ones) but then again, are you going to be able to put all that power down anyway? (so the 500hp could be reached with these PE turbos, proper injectors and fuel return system, and possibly just a short block without going sleeved anyway)

haven't heard of any std engine blow up with one of these out fo the box either

How much?? How much?? :teeth:

+1

Even though I'm still atleast 12months from being able to insure any form of FI.

I was pretty much sold on going for a vortech s/c & running it on standard internals but if as Val says this kit is fairly safe with the right engine management & holds up well on standard internals I could be very interested depending on price :thumbs:

tbh this kit is safe out of the box for what i gather from the US forums, boost is so low it's managed by the MAF! Apparently it was designed not only for std internals, but also std exhaust!

extra purchases with this kit if you wnt to slap it on yr std engine, are really minimal. price is very very similar to a Vortech installed ;)

we need a dyno Kevin!!!!! :teeth:

tbh this kit is safe out of the box for what i gather from the US forums, boost is so low it's managed by the MAF! Apparently it was designed not only for std internals, but also std exhaust!

extra purchases with this kit if you wnt to slap it on yr std engine, are really minimal. price is very very similar to a Vortech installed ;)

Really that sort of price? Be very interested in seeing how it holds up on the Envy Z and will do some more research on the US forums :thumbs:

Guest prescience

Really that sort of price? Be very interested in seeing how it holds up on the Envy Z and will do some more research on the US forums :thumbs:

Well at current exchange rates, a Vortech for £4k** is quite realistic, so on that basis £4k ;)

**[superhargersonline Vortech price $4999 (@2.06$/£) plus 22% plus £300 shipping plus £800 install = £3800]