Top Posters In This Topic

ok ok fitted £5.5k B)

kit only £4.5k B)

KEVINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :p:teeth:

Thats an awesome price :thumbs:

If only I could get my insurance company to cover it :dry:

haha, dont tell them, lol.

:lol:

Rather have something like that covered than risk it tbh. IMO its better to pay a bit more on the insurance and have everything covered than to lose the lot :)

ok ok fitted £5.5k B)

kit only £4.5k B)

KEVINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :p:teeth:

Thats an awesome price :thumbs:

If only I could get my insurance company to cover it :dry:

haha, dont tell them, lol.

Rather have something like that covered than risk it tbh. IMO its better to pay a bit more on the insurance and have everything covered than to lose the lot :)

I was joking onthat one. It would be VERRY silly not to insure something like that as if anything happened, they will not pay out at all as its a big change to the car.

Unfortunately its wishful thinking to get the PE kit down to anything starting with a 4 ;)

The normal retail is around £6500 however I cannot stress how comprehensive this kit is. Factor in 4 days labour as well for fitting.

Regards,

Gaz.

Guest prescience
are you going back from your word then Kevin? :p tut tut, I have witnesses...:lol:

PS at that price it suddenly doesn't look that good anymore, small turbos etc then the APS becomes the better option indeed :teeth:

The master of how to win friends and influence people :dry:

FWIW if I was going FI again, I would seriously consider this option partly because I have lost the faith with APS - but it is also a GOOD price and I believe bang/buck it's better than a S/C :teeth:

I'm not their marketing agent :lol: but Kevin has said on the other channel

We could supply and fit the full kit for £5800 with the current favorable exchange rate. We would need the car for around a week to carryout the conversion

Guest prescience
But whilst it works out of the box with the stock JDM ECU we still don't know if that's the case for the UK ECU's. Kevin/Gaz?

Good point :thumbs:

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say, based on other kits, that it is unlikely to be an issue - but does need confirming :)

I don't like being taken for a ride that's all. Kev said £4.5k kit only or £5.5k installed at his, he'd need the car for a week. His words not mine. Now if the exchange rate has suddenly jumped up from Sunday, I don't know. Kev's words were "PE are very keen on pushing this kit in the UK, hence the low price". Maybe it was a special price for me only? Or maybe he's had a rethink considering I told him it was really cheap vs an APS TT kit? you decide ;)

either way, as someone on here once said, something is worth only as much as people are prepared to pay for it. I wouldn't be prepared to pay any amount starting with a 6 for this kit ;)

PS how's the Z Dorian, got one yet?

I don't like being taken for a ride that's all. Kev said £4.5k kit only or £5.5k installed at his, he'd need the car for a week. His words not mine. Now if the exchange rate has suddenly jumped up from Sunday, I don't know. Kev's words were "PE are very keen on pushing this kit in the UK, hence the low price". Maybe it was a special price for me only? Or maybe he's had a rethink considering I told him it was really cheap vs an APS TT kit? you decide ;)

either way, as someone on here once said, something is worth only as much as people are prepared to pay for it. I wouldn't be prepared to pay any amount starting with a 6 for this kit ;)

That last post was from Gaz not Kevin. It may well be that they aren't singing from the same hymn sheet on this one which is no good to us.

Guest prescience

if you read my post above, the installed price £5800 ;)

if you read my post above, the installed price £5800 ;)

That's not how I read Gaz's post here.....

Guest prescience

The comment here makes reference to 'normal retail' but my comment in blue was a direct quote :)

if there are 2 prices, that is certainly a concern

Unfortunately its wishful thinking to get the PE kit down to anything starting with a 4 ;)

The normal retail is around £6500 however blah blah marketing blurb...

Gaz.

looks like a 6 to me on here. Anyway I don't really care at this moment in time anyway, more important things to spend lots of money on ;)

The comment here makes reference to 'normal retail' but my comment in blue was a direct quote :)

if there are 2 prices, that is certainly a concern

I have seen the price on the other channel, and it's still £300 over what I was quoted straight from Kev's mouth, (and 2 people were there with me, it's not as if I dreamt it ;) )

There has to be a couple of members left for Val to argue with!

Me, me, me! :boxing:

Though I have just driven back from Nottingham with a transit full of stuff, so far too knackered to fight tonight, we can start tomoz :teeth:

Hi, sorry for the confusion. I was only asked for a rough estimate at the show. Having gone back to the office and done the necessary calc's the best price we could do was actualy £5800 (not a bad estimate at the show, within 5%). Gaz did not realise I had quoted this as I had actualy discounted the Japanese retail to make the package more attractive and to fit better into the UK market place. This price is however subject to change if the exchange rates start to come back down again.

Thanks

Kevin

are you going back from your word then Kevin? :p tut tut, I have witnesses...:lol:

PS at that price it suddenly doesn't look that good anymore, small turbos etc then the APS becomes the better option indeed :teeth: