What

TiN TiN

Hi, I'm after a gear knob for the 350z that's fits properly (screws on). Any recommendations? If not, best place to get a standard gear knob? The zed I bought has a crappy gear knob that keeps falling off :-/

Hi, I'm after a gear knob for the 350z that's fits properly (screws on). Any recommendations? If not, best place to get a standard gear knob? The zed I bought has a crappy gear knob that keeps falling off :-/

PM Steve at redline styling.

I've just got the standard one in mine which is great imo. Sometimes they pop up for sale in the 350Z parts for sale section.

Otherwise there are a few good ideas for replacements in this thread; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/81510-gearknob-options/page__hl__+gear%20+knob#entry1215018

:thumbs:

I did type redline, my phone just changed it :-/ Steve has been messaged and I am in no doubt he is gonna think I'm some sort of homeless person as I'm hoping not to spend more than £25 on a gear knob

Does it screw on? Does it have the numbers at the top? How much?

This is the one I have on the zed (but 6 speed)

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/gear-knobs/richbrook-slant-top-gear-knob-standard-reverse

I have the exact same as you, it's fine, just make sure you tighten the grub screw.

Is there supposed to be something between the metal stick thing underneath and the screws? Even having been so tight it's dented the metal, it's still pretty loose for my driving...

http://www.demon-twe...tandard-reverse

I have the exact same as you, it's fine, just make sure you tighten the grub screw.

Is there supposed to be something between the metal stick thing underneath and the screws? Even having been so tight it's dented the metal, it's still pretty loose for my driving...

Some or most of these aftermarket gear knobs usually have little rubber cups that fit inside the gear knob itself (to suit different size metal shafts). Maybe yours is not the right size or missing altogether hence why it still wobbles even after you've tightened it.

Similar to the three rubber boots pictured with this gear knob.

sku_231944_4.jpg

Think I've got some in the garage from an old gear knob kit if you want them? Just send me a PM with your address and I'll post them to you gratis.

Otherwise it might be that you need longer grub screws to get a good purchase on the gear stick shaft. :thumbs:

They're missing altogether :-/

Hover over my user name with your cursor and you can send me a PM (private message) and I'll send you the ones I have for free. Can't guarantee they will fit but it's worth a try if you want to keep that gear knob and they are no use to me.

Hope that helps. :thumbs:

I have the standard Alezan gear knob but it's sadly worn. Would like to have it refurbished but no idea where to have that done (especially as a new one is over £300 from Nissan apparently!). Alternatives are Nismo ones, but would like to know everyone's opinion on best knob to switch for? *queue "knob-related" banter.......*

Have you tried taking it all apart and starting over? I'm pretty sure mine just sat on and then screwed in the grub. Did it come with the car or did you buy it? It's possible it's the wrong type, pull up reverse type rather than push down.

Have you tried taking it all apart and starting over? I'm pretty sure mine just sat on and then screwed in the grub. Did it come with the car or did you buy it? It's possible it's the wrong type, pull up reverse type rather than push down.

Yeahhh I've tried that... It came with the car, but can't get it to stay on :-/