The R33

coldel

Fitted a Walbro fuel pump in my old Impreza which was fairly straight forward.

I'd guess you get at the fuel pump in the Skyline in a similar fashion ~ probably by removing the rear seats and removing an inspection panel to get at the top of the fuel tank. I'd imagine if you google it there is probably a "how to" on a Skyline forum somewhere as it's a popular mod. :thumbs:

• Like 1

You don't need to remove the seats, access is via the boot there is an inspection cover on the rhs, it's a messy stinky job, best done when the tank to empty or close go empty

Sweet motor.

My mate just imported one (R33), got it here, the diff was whining, so the import company changed it for him.

It still has issues though :( , so it's still with the importers.

I'd be tempted to make this look as OEM and clean as possible :) .

I don't like the OEM look on a GTST - looks a bit 'boaty' :lol: with the suspension set too high and the side and rear valence too slim line. You can get away with the wider look on OEM GTRs.

Sorry to hear about your mates importer problems, at least they are sorting it out.

Cheers guys - took it out for the first time during the night and had a nasty little surprise - the LED behind the speed clock doesnt work! So I couldnt see what speed I was doing. The ones behind the revs etc all fine. So have invested in a pack of LEDs and first job on the car is to remove the dials and change the LEDs, by all accounts quite straight forward about an hours work.

Well, first job to be done on the car, after going out to play footy last weds evening was shocked to see (or not) the bulb behind the dash speed clock didn't work! I could see the rev counter etc but not the speed. So after some near accidents of me desperately staring at the speedo when street lamps passed over head I decided to get it sorted.

Bought some cheapo crystal white LEDs from ebay (8 quid for ten) and proceeded on a job that I thought would be an utter pig. Removing the dash and taking the clocks out to get to the back to change the LEDs. I started at around 10:45 today...and was done by 11:15, what a stunningly easy job! I had visions of me bolting down to the Zed-shed with half the dash hanging out but actually it was relatively simple :yahoo: clocks now look like this (didn't take a before shot which is a shame!) much clearer and actually it wouldn't be that hard to turn them all blue or whatever colour I wanted really.

photo-5_zps37904d99.jpg

• Like 1

Hmmmm, might leave it then, it doesn't bother me that much to start melting stuff :lol:

Car is booked in at TGM for later in the month to get the side skirts repaired, I am going to keep the ones I have rather than go to the faff of all the work involved in putting some other ones on.

Next stop, sorting out the head unit, which is a bit crap. I have burnt a CD to play in it but it has no AUX or USB input, Halfords seem to be doing some decent deals at the moment (ie half price on Sony/Pioneer).

Didn't solder any LEDs on mine. I take it that's for the LCD display? I cheated- red cellophane from a quality streets wrapper done the trick. It dulls a bit though :lol:

The buttons only have 2 funny shaped bulbs

nice looking car, i do prefer the sound of a v6 though, and that japspeed on a straight six is fairly annoying, best i found was a blitz nur spec, gives it a nice deep throaty sound. then again mine was slightly tinkered with lol

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

fuel pump is a piece of **** to change but as said make sure youve little to no petrol left when doing it as its sat in the bottom of the tank, the black plastic ring that gives access to the tank is a bitch to get on and off too.