B pillar brace

StevoD

You can't use that as a harness bar, well I say can't but I wouldn't. It doesn't have the strength in it that a full cage would have and I wouldn't fancy putting something as serious as a seatbelt onto that which just bolts in, I think it's just ridgidity

You can't use that as a harness bar, well I say can't but I wouldn't. It doesn't have the strength in it that a full cage would have and I wouldn't fancy putting something as serious as a seatbelt onto that which just bolts in, I think it's just ridgidity

Depends where it bolts in and with what bolts, as at the end of the day, seat belts are just bolted in.

Depends where it bolts in and with what bolts, as at the end of the day, seat belts are just bolted in.

It's bolted into the top and bottom seatbelt bolt holes. It's almost identical to the Sparco harness bar for the 350z which HUNDREDS of people have used successfully and a few have crashed in the states.

It's bolted into the top and bottom seatbelt bolt holes. It's almost identical to the Sparco harness bar for the 350z which HUNDREDS of people have used successfully and a few have crashed in the states.

It similar but the sparco has more of a sweeping bend in it to take it further back and it also seems to sit a lot lower so it's just above the speakers so you get a better angle on the belts it's also probably thicker gauge steel, I wouldn't like to trust something that could potentially be so important on something that's not sold as and I'm presuming never tested and approved as a harness bar.

If you wanted one I personally would go to a company that makes custom cages and get them to knock up something along the lines of this.

7A34A28C-88F6-4B22-B39B-52FF4F2311FF_zpsktis6nnu.jpg

Its been discussed previously as well with a similar outcome to what I've posted above

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/69768-harness-bar/

Edited by 350 Russ
  • Like 1

Was just about to start a thread asking about harness bars!! Seen the price of the sparco one and almost fell over.

Need a poor mans version.

Group buy in the making? ;)

(PS. FabriCage did us good deals on SXOC for the silvias, I`ll see if they`re interested.)

Edited by Adam B

The Sparco bars don't have the vertical posts that bolt to the bottom seatbelt bolt holes. I purchased one in 2006 and it only included the cross bar. All the pictures you see online are generic. And there were fitment problems with 2005 and later Zs where the seatbelt shoulder mount had been redesigned from earlier models.

I prefer the look and they are probably safer but wouldn't you have to weld the legs into the boot floor pan?

Keeping the normal belts would be a priority (for me personally) too.

probably the easiest way would be to weld 2 decent sized plates to the boot floor with a captive bolt and then bolt the harness bar to that.

I prefer the look and they are probably safer but wouldn't you have to weld the legs into the boot floor pan?

Keeping the normal belts would be a priority (for me personally) too.

probably the easiest way would be to weld 2 decent sized plates to the boot floor with a captive bolt and then bolt the harness bar to that.

As I said earlier I'd prefer not to have to modify the floor pan of the car with welds or captive nuts etc but yes I agree that would probably be the easiest thing for the K bar version.

The blue on pictured above is not sparco it's made by a company called graffiti motorsports I think I was looking at getting one a few years ago, they bolt to the seatbelt bolts and I think they bolt to the rear floor I expect wholes need drilling in the rear but they do look solid.

The blue on pictured above is not sparco it's made by a company called graffiti motorsports I think I was looking at getting one a few years ago, they bolt to the seatbelt bolts and I think they bolt to the rear floor I expect wholes need drilling in the rear but they do look solid.

On US cars there's a threaded hole in the rear floor on each side where you can attach a child's car seat top tether strap.

On US cars there's a threaded hole in the rear floor on each side where you can attach a child's car seat top tether strap.

Perfect if it's there on UK cars then