Harness bar

Vlad

Looking into getting bucket seats with harnesses so gonna need a harness bar! Long shout...but never know lol

There are few out there... Tried researching NRG one...read few bad feedbacks about it as that support struts don't fit...but them comments(other forums) were back from like 2005-2008...so wondering if NRG re-designed it? Any one had any experience?

Other one is Sparco...all good reviews so far...but it's like £300 :( it's all about safety...so I I'll have to go for it...unless any one knows any other good ones etc? Or selling one a bit cheaper?:)

Also gonna need side mounts and harnesses as well if anyone got any kicking around :)

Vlad

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been in contact with couple US companies regarding posting harness bar to UK.... Got quoted $290 by one and $320 by another! :(

Can't find any in UK... Anybody knows who sells them in UK?

Was looking at sparco one or "grafitti Motorsport" one(looks mint)

Thanks

Vlad

I've had no luck :( I was after a graffiti one but can't get it shipped to the UK, read bad reviews about NRG ones (old reviews, don't know if they revised the design?) and can't bring myself to pay so much for the sparco one as its my least favorite and most expensive option!

I got quoted a price to get a graffiti style one fabricated locally, I'm also going to look into the eBay one and see if it would be possible to weld another strut in that sits lower.

Yea, I love graffiti one, but got quoted $300 for shipment :( can ask them if they would do a better deal if we get 2shipped if u interested?

Also got in touch with bloke in US@andy's Motorsport as they sell sparco and NRG, and asked him about NRG one, as US reviews on the 350 forum say that 2 support rods don't fit...but all them comments were back in 2008...so he called NRG and they said that they haven't modified design...so it's still same problem with 2 support rods...

Good idea about welding another bar to that eBay one...or don't see it's being too hard fabricating 2 longer support rods for NRG one...

The price I got for getting one fabricated was through my friends uncle so cheap... Just means taking all the measurements myself and alot of test fitting and going back and forth

I'm swaying towards the eBay one and welding my own strut in to sit lower, hassle free and will cost next to nothing to do.

Looks like on ebay one they are in front of the "speaker bar"... Sparco or others got support rods go behind speakers...hope that makes spence lol

Edited by Vlad

Graffiti and BCR go behind speakers but looking at the sparco its the same layout? if anything the ultra racing one off ebay looks to have stronger and thicker supports, as long as the supports are of good strength and thickness and bolt to a secure position ill be happy

Yea, sparco goes behind the speakers as well...I think it's pretty important that u have support at the back incase of front end collision when forces will shoot forward-so them 2 back support rods will take the blast

• 1 month later...