A little stumped. Help Please

rothers2901

quote name='rothers2901' timestamp='1392657228' post='1216063'

Ekona - What happens when you click either the Quote or Multiquote buttons? Can you do it manually via [ quote ] tags?

Nothing it just give me the reply to this topic Box.

/quote

That is what should appear (brackets deleted around the quotes for demo purposes)

Ebized - that is what used to happen. But nothing now it very frustrating :rant:

I had issues with the new forum and was using IE. Swapping to Chrome seems to sort out most of the gremlins - not perfect, but like you I am no whizz on the IT front but am aware there are different issues dependent upon indivduals PC/Mac set-ups. For instance, whereas I have no issues with the smilies using the PC the ipad simply refuses to allow them :doh:

BM - If on a browser, press Ctrl+F5 to refresh with clearing the cache.

Double check your browser is up to date.

The Quote button should work as usual tbh

I use internet explorer, how do you check if the browser is up to date? Sorry bit o a computer dummy. :wacko:

It happens with the latest version of IE. Also get a lot of missing letters and spaces when typing Ty right clicking on the "quote" button and then open, that works for me.

I use internet explorer, how do you check if the browser is up to date? Sorry bit o a computer dummy. :wacko:

It happens with the latest version of IE. Also get a lot of missing letters and spaces when typing Ty right clicking on the "quote" button and then open, that works for me.

Right click is my friend now,Thanks. Now to sort out the tying issues like you say missing letters when typing.

Right click is my friend now,Thanks. Now to sort out the tying issues like you say missing letters when typing.

The straight "reply" and "quote" buttons have stopped working for me too and I'm have to right click the "quote" button to respond ... I'm on Firefox and I'm sure everything was OK yesterday

The straight "reply" and "quote" buttons have stopped working for me too and I'm have to right click the "quote" button to respond ... I'm on Firefox and I'm sure everything was OK yesterday

And yet it works normally on Safari :teeth:

And yet it works normally on Safari :teeth:

And now I can't get to my notifications on Firefox

Mods please help

Edited by ATTAK Z

I've asked Admin to take a look at this.

First time I've seen this kind of problem in Firefox though Hugh. Any chance you could uninstall and reinstall, just to rule out FF issue.

Works fine for me on FF

I've just logged off and then logged back on on FF ... all working fine now by the looks of things ... Strange

All works fine on Chrome, just downloading FF to take a look. Maybe we should mandate the use of Chrome :lol:

EDIT: OK maybe I wont bother - looks like pilot error :p

IE is a right pain in the butt, usually you can enable "Compatibility Mode" it sorts out most gremlins from what I remember. If not - get Chrome!

• Like 1