They Shouldn't Be On The Road (2)

WhackyWill

honestly you guys in cars all the time dont see the half of it.... on the bike i pass loads of moving traffic on my way to work and the list of things i have seen people doing while driving is honestly amazing!!!!

texting (boring)

on the phone (pretty standard so far eh)

on a laptop propped on the steering wheel (i kid you not!)

eating a bowl of cereal - looked like cornflakes! (had to slow down and have a second look as i was so suprised)

women putting makup on in the rear view mirror

blokes shaving

reading the paper

the list goes on. never mind the idiotic driving and crazy overtaking just to get a couple of cars ahead and dont get me started on the number of people i see jump red lights! the Purley cross sets of lights i see someone run a red light EVERY day both on the way into and from work without fail!

Slight variation on this thread and should probably be in another thread entitled first few weeks of Zed ownership experiences or sum such :

Having had my Zed now for nearly a month these things have happened to me:

kid ( teenager ) pedestrian whilst in slow traffic steps in front of me and takes a pic

been let out of more junctions than ever before

had drivers ( mainly young males ) wolf whistle the car as I pass

had a female neighbour ask for a ride :)

been tailgated by a b..ch in a golf in traffic blowing her horn and flashing lights ?

honestly you guys in cars all the time dont see the half of it.... on the bike i pass loads of moving traffic on my way to work and the list of things i have seen people doing while driving is honestly amazing!!!!

texting (boring)

eating a bowl of cereal - looked like cornflakes! (had to slow down and have a second look as i was so suprised)

blokes shaving

reading the paper

the list goes on. never mind the idiotic driving and crazy overtaking just to get a couple of cars ahead and dont get me started on the number of people i see jump red lights! the Purley cross sets of lights i see someone run a red light EVERY day both on the way into and from work without fail!

There are just as many idiotic bikers & cyclists around, roads are just full of twunts in every direction :headhurt:

Sent from the golf club...

• Like 1

Closest I've ever had to being in an RTC was the weekend I picked my Zed up! Collected it on the Saturday and being rather excited took it out for another drive on the Sunday. On the way back home approached a roundabout on a stretch of dual carriage way. Left hand land you could turn left or go straight on and the right hand land was straight on only. Approach in the right hand land and there's an old lady driving some generic soccer wagon in the left hand lane. We both pull onto the roundabout but rather than stay in the left hand lane and actually go around the roundabout she just drives straight on ending up straddling the two lanes and misses colliding with me by about a millimetre after I slammed on the brakes. Glad I was in the Zed rather than the Fiesta it replaced, as that wouldn't have stopped in time! Was one positive that came out of it though! Got to test the horn for the first time :lol:

• Like 1

Closest I've ever had to being in an RTC was the weekend I picked my Zed up! Collected it on the Saturday and being rather excited took it out for another drive on the Sunday. On the way back home approached a roundabout on a stretch of dual carriage way. Left hand land you could turn left or go straight on and the right hand land was straight on only. Approach in the right hand land and there's an old lady driving some generic soccer wagon in the left hand lane. We both pull onto the roundabout but rather than stay in the left hand lane and actually go around the roundabout she just drives straight on ending up straddling the two lanes and misses colliding with me by about a millimetre after I slammed on the brakes. Glad I was in the Zed rather than the Fiesta it replaced, as that wouldn't have stopped in time! Was one positive that came out of it though! Got to test the horn for the first time :lol:

Happens to me all the time, why can't people judge how much room to leave on bigger 2 lane roundabouts!!!!!

Happens to me all the time, why can't people judge how much room to leave on bigger 2 lane roundabouts!!!!!

I'm sure like me you've had it happen to you enough times that you can actually identify the car that is most likely to do it before you've even got to the roundabout.

Ends in me slowing down and then nodding to myself when correct, which is 90% of the time. :lol:

• Like 3

People who straight line roundabouts is probably my biggest pet hates probably closely followed by people who get in the wrong lane to jump a Que., for example getting in a right turn only to go straight on.

• Like 3

texting (boring)

blokes shaving

reading the paper

There are just as many idiotic bikers & cyclists around, roads are just full of twunts in every direction :headhurt:

yep i agree... that said i have never seen a biker eating a bowl of cereal while riding :lol:

I'm sure like me you've had it happen to you enough times that you can actually identify the car that is most likely to do it before you've even got to the roundabout.

Ends in me slowing down and then nodding to myself when correct, which is 90% of the time. :lol:

Oh yes know that feeling well...

texting (boring)

blokes shaving

reading the paper

yep i agree... that said i have never seen a biker eating a bowl of cereal while riding :lol:

:lol: bit hard to not be seen on a bike!

Person in some saloon jag s-type or something

im doing 70mph they over take at im guessing 80 it was fairly rapid then slow down to 65mph, so i over take at 70 just casually strolling past 2 minutes latter jags passes me at 80 then pulls in and slows to 60-65 again so i pass again at 70 just crawl passed few minutes jags flys past and pulls in and slows down again, this happens from the North Circular to Cambridge on the m11

WHAT THE **** IS YOUR GAME MR JAGUAR DRIVER WHAT!!

Also people who sit in the middle lane at 60mph on a motorway for no reason nothing in the lefthand lane, there is a reserved space in hell for you

• Like 4

Lane discipline or the lack of boils my pi$$

also a lack of consideration for any other road users

If you're turning left use the left hand lane, if you're turning right on a roundabout for example go round the inside, not all the way round in the outer lane cutting up everyone ........

When there's road works ahead and one lane of the dual carriageway is closed theres a sign that warns of the upcoming closed lane and a queue of traffic is waiting patiently don't think that just because you're in a big 4x4 that the rules of the road don't apply and you can just barrel down the road and then cut up whoever you see fit when you eventually decide that you should join the queue, and just because you ( yes you in the 4x4) don't look before making your dangerous manoeuvre, you didn't see me is no defence YOU DIDNT LOOK

Parents when taking your kids to school it's not your god given right to just stop in the middle of the road and lean out the window to talk to your pal, show some consideration for other road users......

all things that I have endured this week because little johnny can't make his own way to school, you don't know the Highway Code or have no regard for it, you believe you are exempt from the rules for reasons unknown to anyone but you

You're under the impression that because you drive a large sized vehicle you can just disregard queues and bully your way through ....

Rant over, enough said, think happy thoughts :)

Edited by tatooandy67
  • Like 1

Person in some saloon jag s-type or something

im doing 70mph they over take at im guessing 80 it was fairly rapid then slow down to 65mph, so i over take at 70 just casually strolling past 2 minutes latter jags passes me at 80 then pulls in and slows to 60-65 again so i pass again at 70 just crawl passed few minutes jags flys past and pulls in and slows down again, this happens from the North Circular to Cambridge on the m11

WHAT THE **** IS YOUR GAME MR JAGUAR DRIVER WHAT!!

Also people who sit in the middle lane at 60mph on a motorway for no reason nothing in the lefthand lane, there is a reserved space in hell for you

was it a white one with black wrapped trim ?

:lol:

I was wondering if it was Dave as well. :stir::D

• 2 weeks later...

Flipping Tour de France wannabes everywhere at the moment :rant:

Oh god tell me about it ~ ended up overtaking the same lycra clad idiot three times the other day as every time I got stopped by a red traffic light this pr*ck just went through it. :rant::angry:

• Like 1

Never mind the cyclists, if one more f*cking ***** of a motorcyclist decides to try and undertake me when I'm just about to move back to the LH lane on a DC after overtaking a slower vehicle, I'm just going to carry on going and take the idiot out.

Yes motorcyclists, we get that you're allowed to filter in traffic. Why you think that suddenly means you can whip past us at 80mph+ on the inside is beyond me. :rant:

• Like 2