Worth the extra for NISSAN stamp? What service next?

Darren350

Guys, my 2004 GT has 117, 000 on the clock, and has been serviced every year by Nissan. I have NEVER had a car serviced at a dealer before because I've always considered them overpriced.

The last service was carried out on 24/04/13 and was a P1. Starting in 2004 the P services and mileage go like this:

P1, 8845

P2, 23339

P1, 41927

P3, 52395

P1, 63812

P3, 74649

P1, 85307

P2, 95214

P3, 102543

P1, 110875

As said it now has 117K on the clock and is due a service in the next few months. What service is next and what will it entail? Also is it worth paying the extra getting it done at Nissan just to keep it a FNSH?

Help and advice appreciated!

I think you already know the answer to this - obviously personal choice but at the mileage on your car a FNSH will have no bearing on resale. If you have a decent independent nearby take it there. SImply having a stamp at the correct intervals is what is most important. You're due a P2 which is simply oil and filters.

That's what I was thinking guys. I paid £4550 for the car and cant honestly see an Indy servicing it impacting the resale value in 3+ years whatsoever. As long as I have a reciept and stamp then that should be all that matters.

It's weird having a car with FNSH though. Seeing all these Nissan stamps makes me feel forced to get it done by Nissan lol

I think it depends on the buyer, my missus car is mazda 2, chances are its older people buying it, those who dont care about cars and the stamp means the world. 350z is an enthusiasts car, so more likely to know that nissan stamp isnt as big a deal as everyone makes out.

Go to an Indy and get them to do a full service, check everything. Belts, plugs, fluids etc etc.

+1 On what Kyle said. ;)

Also just fyi the service schedule for the 350Z is the second pinned thread in this area. Will give you a better idea of what else may need doing to your Zed. eg. spark plugs every 5 years or 54K miles: whichever comes first. :thumbs:

My 313 HR only has 22K miles and has FNSH, after my last service I opened the 350Z leather bound thing to check they'd stamped the log book and there was no log book, went back in to ask where it was and they said there wasn't one. Think I'll start using Abbey from now on, after I've got another log book and got it restamped. :rant:

Edited by HaydnH

Hey guys thanks for the help and advice!

If I am due a P2 next what filters does this include? Oil, air and fuel, pollen filter? Does it have one... lol

I have bought a HKS Super Hybrid air panel filter that I'll be shoving in tomorrow so there's something they won't have to do.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Ewen can you PM me the price buddy of the oil, filter and sump washer I assume I need? Every service has been done on 24/4 the last three years so want to get it done as close as possible to this date haha

Update time: (Hate topics without updates! ) Have purchased the required bits off of Clark Motorsport (Thanks Ewen!!!!!) , will receive them tomorrow hopefully, getting a local indy to do the work because I can barely replace wiper blades let alone service the 350Z!

Nissan can shove their £337+ Vat quote for a P2 where the sun doesn't shine, haha

Probably makes it worth less having FNSH with some of the stories I have heard ;)

I would say the same about BMW.

They let yts monkeys work on m cars. They also give em a thrashing around the car park for good measure.

• Like 1

Oil and filter arrived today thanks Ewen! Here's another daft question, I've looked into how much oil the car takes when changing it and I keep seeing '4.7 litres with the filter'.

What does that mean...?