Looking into buying an Import

350Zeee

Specifically this one

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/nissan/350z/nissan-fairlady-z-rare-high-spec/1988566?isexperiment=true

I have had a reasonable quote for the insurance of an import in general,

When asked if the car had modifications I said no,

No I'm not entirely sure which 'extras' are modifications when it come to Imports

The advertisement is particularly helpful either

I assume the wheels and spoiler are 'modifications' that require declaring?

Also does the price differ for cat tax on an import?

Is there anything else I should look for, or be able of?

Thanks in advance

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201308318557164/sort/default/usedcars/price-to/7000/quicksearch/true/price-from/5000/postcode/wf103rn/radius/1500/model/350_z/make/nissan/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/page/4?logcode=p

Evening chaps, sorry to be a pain,

Just called the garage above about the car,

I asked if it was an import, he said "yes, all Nissans are imports, they're from Japan!!"

How do I find out if this specific car was imported?

Mine is an import and has steering wheel controlls...

Yes, some do which confuses the situation but if you see one without any controls at all then you can be certain its an import as all U.K cars will have at least 3 buttons. There are other things too like the lack of a boot spoiler and a Japanese SatNav (if fitted), but as all parts are interchangeable it is in theory possible to make an import identical to a U.K car (or the other way round I guess :lol: )

Pete

Edited by JetSet

I think the sales man was trying to be funny and it fell on deaf ears really. But still walk away, it's way too expensive.

Check the for sale section on here, I'm sure there are some better examples in your budget.

Mine is an import and has steering wheel controlls...

Yes, some do which confuses the situation but if you see one without any controls at all then you can be certain its an import as all U.K cars will have at least 3 buttons. There are other things too like the lack of a boot spoiler and a Japanese SatNav (if fitted), but as all parts are interchangeable it is in theory possible to make an import identical to a U.K car (or the other way round I guess :lol: )

Pete

My 05 roadster has no controls on the steering wheel and is a uk model

Rob

My 05 roadster has no controls on the steering wheel and is a uk model

Rob

Yes, my mistake :blush: , I'd plainly forgotten that roadsters are different and early non GT roadsters were indeed button free and GT's had 3 buttons, later roadster GT's have 6 buttons. Not sure when the changeover date was though.

Pete