Mopedmarks build thread:More New photos page 11 onwards

Mopedmark

That's is a good question ATTACK Z and a lot of engine bay dressers think it's ok to leave it looking like sh# t, :lol: it seems to be covered in like a clear coat and as the cars have got older the coating seems to be very brittle, I have basically stripped all the coating off it so it now looks clean when I get around to it I want to paint it all :thumbs: Big job though and need a sustained period of warm weather :lol::thumbs:

Double post. :wacko:

While I'm here again though do you think you could maybe do a guide next time you paint something just to show us what's involved with getting a good fade between paint colours? just an idea. :thumbs:

Edited by GMballistic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok people here is what I have been up to since my last update, have managed to fit a pop charger ( thank you very much flyboy,) this in turn made me make a Perspex see through cover for it we even made the brackets out of Perspex I also vented it for more air flow, I added a temperature gauge also this is for me to keep a check on the heat under the cover.I painted the maff sensor tube and finished the throttle body off with purple flashing of paint.

Now for the difficult bit, I have painted the radiator holder/front bracing,this is not for the inexperienced painted as it is hard work and will require proper paint air gun and compressor,this ended up being a full days work and the masking up is a big job, here are some pics :thumbs:b2d7366853b1b2bdc0c90f4727b5f013_zps858889fe.jpg676bf7afb31f60798b020fe10040d9fa_zpsb1c71dcf.jpga43a9ccd9e0715c61fb01e22243977af_zps660eaa71.jpgc58f917f28039e77eadb905ae27578a8_zps05589bb5.jpg4a8b39159c24276f3d4ca15b1429b870_zps4da2ccf1.jpg

• Like 8

Was really impressed with all the work you've put into the car Mark when I saw it in North Wales. The spraying on the front engine bay cross member sounded like a total nightmare! Brilliant result though.

• Like 1