Incredibly twitchy 350z in Icy Conditions

georgerobertfreeman

Just driven to work this morning in the zed and the roads haven't been gritted so the roads are like a sheet of ice.

I only drive 7 miles to work and even this morning had a few close calls. Im not driving like an idiot, but even in a straight line (no acceleration) the car is twitching all over the place and trying to stick its arse in the nearest ditch and I am having to apply some pretty drastic opposite steering to correct it. I know a 350 isnt the ideal car to drive in the conditions but I didn't think it would be this bad?

Anyone else experience the same or has my car just got a death wish??

Bridgestone re050a. Front good, rears have less than 1000miles. Geo done about 6 months ago. Fine in the dry. Had rwd before and had it last winter.

Just feels like it slides side to side in the road. Maybe I'm just being dramatic but no one else seemed to be having problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itll depend on the tarmac of the road aswell. I find the smoother the road in general (basically, the quiter the road sounds) the more icy it is to drive on. When its a bit frosty or wet, i try take the loud roads. It makes sense to me, quiet roads are freshly done, and very smooth, the louder are older and have loads of little holes every centimetre to keep water below. I dunno, just makes sense :p

Make sure your TC is on and working. Zed's not too bad

in icey weather, just be light footed with the loud pedal.. :surrender:

Keep TCS/VDC off in snow and Icey conditions. It's dangerous. But yeah winter tyres abd gentle driving will help.

Cos the zed is heavy you start to slide it will take that much longer to sort it.

I have also noticed this in mine. First winter in my zed, coming from a 200sx which was actually ok in icy conditions because there wasn't much torque under about 3000rpm but in the zed it will spin up in slippy conditions from just above idle. Obviously being gentle on the throttle would help :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure your TC is on and working. Zed's not too bad

in icey weather, just be light footed with the loud pedal.. :surrender:

Keep TCS/VDC off in snow and Icey conditions. It's dangerous. But yeah winter tyres abd gentle driving will help.

Cos the zed is heavy you start to slide it will take that much longer to sort it.

I was hoping someone would say that.

Although I tried to explain to the little lady why this was the case and couldn't. Is it just because TCS will just keep trying to stop the spin and cant and just makes it worse?