W Brace

notfub

why can't you just clean up and re paint your original? I wire wheel in the drill and some black paint and it will look as good as new

Good idea but I would say it all depends on how bad the rust is ~ if half of it has rotted away & fallen off then no amount of paint is going to make that look good. :lol:;)

Edit: Maybe worth a PM to..... :pmzmanalex:

Edited by GMballistic

why can't you just clean up and re paint your original? I wire wheel in the drill and some black paint and it will look as good as new

Good idea but I would say it all depends on how bad the rust is ~ if half of it has rotted away & fallen off then no amount of paint is going to make that look good. :lol:;)

Im yet to see one in that bad shape. that is some thick gauge steel that its made of so would take a while to rust away to being too far gone.

Im yet to see one in that bad shape. that is some thick gauge steel that its made of so would take a while to rust away to being too far gone.

:lol: Fair enough. Might paint my rusty piece of cr*p one day then. :D:thumbs:

:lol: Fair enough. Might paint my rusty piece of cr*p one day then. :D:thumbs:

Its on my todo list, If I start doing that though i will end up doing all of them under there :surrender:

My brace is pretty bad. Had a look during the mot last Saturday and I could pull chunks (not flakes) of rusty metal off. Its still ok but beyond a wire brush & hammerite session.

I'll put a photo up this evening.

Got mine off Zmanalex as it was rusted to s***, worse than the pic above.

FYI, it goes into two end brackets (again these were rusted on mine) at each end, which are hidden by a plastic cover, you can just see one in the pic. Take those plastic covers off and have a look before you order anything, make sure you get everything ordered, before w brace arrives and you find you need extra bits to do the job. :bang:

Alex told me to underseal it before it went on and it should out live the car. :lol.

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/310419032723?_lwgsi=y&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=64

Good luck repairing it though, you might get away with a clean up job and save a few.

Got mine off Zmanalex as it was rusted to s***, worse than the pic above.

FYI, it goes into two end brackets (again these were rusted on mine) at each end, which are hidden by a plastic cover, you can just see one in the pic. Take those plastic covers off and have a look before you order anything, make sure you get everything ordered, before w brace arrives and you find you need extra bits to do the job. :bang:

Alex told me to underseal it before it went on and it should out live the car. :lol.

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/310419032723?_lwgsi=y&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=64

Good luck repairing it though, you might get away with a clean up job and save a few.

Mind me asking how much you paid? I got quoted over £200 for one new. Currently I do without one

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Holy crap! That's expensive! Does anyone know the purpose of the a brace?

Edit: w brace.... Damn autocorrect!

Not certain TBH, as a general rule I tend to replace bits that are shot or on the way out, ideally with something newer, better shinier and after market, but sometime just go OEM.

I can only assume it's a rigidity thing from its construction, but not certain.