Mods for £20 or less

ddcboyle

So now that I've given up on the big modifications for car (since at some point this year ill be selling *hopefully* if i get new job), Im looking at doing cheap mods that would make me smile a little :)

The sort of things im looking at is just temporary things. I.e. if you had a black zed, bit of red vinyl/wire tape to outline a grill (sort of like Golf Gti style), or cupholders, cubby phone holders etc. Any little cheap mod that you've done and your impressed :) Things to keep me occupied without thinking, why did i spend that amount...

So heres my two to start it off

My cubby phone holder. Fits in cubby perfectly, can open and close, and can fold up and down. Up to use phone as satnav, and down when i want to store things like wallet, phone etc in there. Cost £5

20130912_165400_zps1db792ae.jpg

20130912_165407_zps7df16f20.jpg

20130912_165348_zps37006349.jpg

My arm rest cupholder. Cost £15, can hold any drink (except red bull cans), only issue is that you cant use the arm rest. But, its nice to have more than a passenger cupholder when your munching your mcdonalds ^^

20130912_165452_zps543bd28a.jpg

Haha I know it needs a clean :( cant take hoover outside as its raining all the time haha.

Whats purpose of a catchcan?

Blue led, good reminder I need some of them :)

Catching gunk from thr crank case which would be put back through to be burned off. That's where IMO the throttle body gets the most dirty.

• Like 1

Bulbs- led's

Hoover, so cruel lol

LED's is a great shout as there cheap, easy to fit and if you do decide to sell the car in the near future then there easily removed to fit on your next car. ;)

Same goes for wheel valve caps, stubby aerial and some oil caps. :)

Plastidipping anything. Two grommets for a wiper delete. A cheap yet colourful gear stick gaiter. Richbrook anti-theft, shiny valve caps.i assume you already have one of their 350z tax disc holders.

Fluffy dice? I'm sorry, I've let down everyone, including myself.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For iPhone users. I bought one of these. eBay item 121264448271.

Took the ashtray out and drilled a hole in the back to fit lightening cable through. So phone can be plugged in easy to the headunit. Doesn't get in the way either as it's not high enough. Does wobble about though so I might change it to one of these to give it more support. 281097682662

For iPhone users. I bought one of these. eBay item 121264448271.

Took the ashtray out and drilled a hole in the back to fit lightening cable through. So phone can be plugged in easy to the headunit. Doesn't get in the way either as it's not high enough. Does wobble about though so I might change it to one of these to give it more support. 281097682662

Will they still work and be recognised by iOS 7?

I'm yet to properly test it out with the radioapp cable I haven't yet fitted. But it charges and mirrors the screen onto my pioneer headunit fine with the av cable plugged into it. It also charges 5Cs which cheap cables do not seem to. It will be in by the weekend so will update it then with pictures.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I guess I shouldnt mention vinyl wrap then ;)

Wrapping the rear strut was the cheapest vs most effective visual mod. Also some carbon wrap on the silver steering wheel parts makes it look v nice :teeth: I also put black vinyl over the orange front reflectors.

Cleaning materials? Some carpet cleaner to spruce up those tired floor mats/boot liner?

I did buy some leather restorer, the seats looked stunning after leaving it on overnight, total cost was about £35 I think but made a huge difference to the look of the interior when you open the door.