350z De-cat pipes

bartman

I have for sale a pair of 350z de-cat pipes these were on my car for a couple months in very good condition with no corrosion. I believe they are japspeed ones they fitted well and come complete with gaskets and bolts.

they were £100 new plus postage

looking for £50 plus postage

postage £10

or collection from PL24

IMG_2877_zps1015484d.jpg

IMG_2876_zps8b44e9e2.jpg

I'd be interested in these.... MOT failure though ??

dont know anything about em except all my mates telling me i need them.. didn't realise i could get em for this sort of money

De-cats much cheaper than HFC's which are MOT friendly but you can benefit better power out of de-cats :)

They'll fail on both emissions and no cats (they check whether cats are actually fitted as well now), they give you more sound and increased airflow.

I have the same ones I think, and mine sounds awesome, but couldn't tell you what the rest of my exhaust system is to compare.

Being totally stupid here but what do these actually do and give you.

Also why they mot failure is it on emissions coz no cat?

Increase emissions which results in mot failure. Increases noise as straight through pipe so could exceed DB metre. But makes car more responsive, breaths better, no restrictions

Any idea on the DBs on a standard exhaust system?

I wouldn't imagine it be louder than 80db

Fine by me :) tired of having the marshall coming over shaking their heads at track days :D

OP clear your inbox please....

Edited by grahamc

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in possession of these particular decat pipes. I bought a zed a few weeks ago and these were thrown in as part of the deal. I also have the S/S exhaust manifolds listed by the same seller. I will consider selling if there's interest.

So how much for the headers?