Newbie looking for my first 350z

Hi guys,just signed up to have a little dig around for info on the 350z

So thought I would say hello!

Just sold my 04 impreza and am now looking for a 350z.

Just wondering if there's any major things to look out for apart from the normal?

Have got about 7k to spend ideally,had a read and the engine/interior changes in 07 right?

I don't mind the look of the earlier models but is there a big difference overall?

Any info would be much appreciated,thanks!

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

2007 onwards HR engine (instead of DE or DE revup engine) giving more power but also has a higher tax band bracket.

Some guides below you may find useful to read through.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/22880-guide-for-new-memberspotential-buyers/

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77426-buyers-guide/

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/24796-top-100-faqs-must-read-wip/

• Like 1

Thank you very much for that,interesting read.

I'm not going for a higher tax band if possible as I think it's just a crazy fee to pay per year.

An early one will be fine,looks like 7k will get me a nice clean fair mileage one.

Would you say the revup engine is worth it then?

Thanks

Thank you very much for that,interesting read.

I'm not going for a higher tax band if possible as I think it's just a crazy fee to pay per year.

An early one will be fine,looks like 7k will get me a nice clean fair mileage one.

Would you say the revup engine is worth it then?

Thanks

All three have their perks but for 7k you are best looking at 03 to 55. You wouldnt get a fair mileage rev up for that money.

:welcome:

Performance wise I wouldn't expect you'd notice much between a revup and non revup, ..although the revup does rev higher by a couple of hundred rpm. I have heard though that they can drink the oil sometimes which is why I was more than happy getting my non-revup.

What ever Zed you go for though make sure it has a good service history and it's important to run these car's on Super unleaded.

Have you had a look on the For Sale section here? Lot's of decent cars in there and there is also a trader on here called Tradelink who have a good reputation amongst a lot of Zed owners who have bought from them. :thumbs:

Thanks for the welcomes guys!!

I have had a look on here for cars to get ideas but I've dipped into the money I got from my impreza so have only got about 4k cash and the rest will have to be financed :-(

Didn't know some never had the brembos! Something for me to check on then thanks,

I would rather a nice early one in very good nick than a bit past it newer one for the same cash for sure.

I've seen trade link near Watford get a few nice ones in,has anyone had any experience of them?

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum dude.

I bought a 2003 Import 65k on the clock and paid £6000, Did come with HKS coilovers, exhaust and exedy clutch. BUT the service history was rubbish which I am now paying for as I'm havin my engine rebuilt and the garage I bought it from dissapeared!! So my advice would be buy from a reliable garage or fellow enthusiast and make sure it has a full service history or closes as. The more info you can have about the car the better.

Zeds are awesome cars, thats why we own them ha ha but the do need care, well the engine does. its worth it, plus everyone on this forum is awesome! :yahoo:

Edited by Jared350z
  • Like 2

Thanks zhorno, that's pretty much what I'm looking for,seen a fair few nice ones for that money.

Seen this one I'm going to call them tomorrow and have a chat

Mileage is a bit high but seems to be reflected in price and says fsh.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201311200026851/sort/atcustom/postcode/rg421yr/radius/35/make/NISSAN/model/350%20Z/price-to/8000/page/1

Thanks zhorno, that's pretty much what I'm looking for,seen a fair few nice ones for that money.

Seen this one I'm going to call them tomorrow and have a chat

Mileage is a bit high but seems to be reflected in price and says fsh.

http://www.autotrade...-to/8000/page/1

Look's good to me. Wouldn't worry about the mileage tbh a long as it's got a good service history. Few Zed's on here well past the 100K mark.

It seems to have been looked after from the photo's and description of recent service history. To have the spark plugs changed alone at Nissan is around £220 so not cheap. When you ring them see if they can tell you what make tyres are on it. Sound's daft maybe but sometimes it can be an indicator of how well the previous owner cared for it. It should also be only run on Super Unleaded. Good luck & let us know how you get on. :thumbs: