Dipstick - How do you tell the reading

DaddyCee

First time i saw a Zed it was one i'd taken my friend to buy, puled the dipstick out to check the oil, then thought where the hell does this go :headhurt: eventually found the hole and got it jammed in the guide :wacko::bang: I HATE THAT DIPSTICK! now i've got my own Zed i hate checking the oil

I just use a LED torch even in the daytime to get it back properly in the hole. :wacko:

First time i saw a Zed it was one i'd taken my friend to buy, puled the dipstick out to check the oil, then thought where the hell does this go :headhurt: eventually found the hole and got it jammed in the guide :wacko::bang: I HATE THAT DIPSTICK! now i've got my own Zed i hate checking the oil

Just take note of the orientation when you remove the dipstick and put it back in in exactly the same orientation. Cleaning the guide helps to see what your doing as well. Check your oil regularly and it really is easy. :)

First time i saw a Zed it was one i'd taken my friend to buy, puled the dipstick out to check the oil, then thought where the hell does this go :headhurt: eventually found the hole and got it jammed in the guide :wacko: :bang: I HATE THAT DIPSTICK! now i've got my own Zed i hate checking the oil

So that will be my dipstick you probably bent then Ant! No wonder I can't get a decent reading on the oil level, ha

the best way to check the oil is from cold

Pull out stick and wipe , push stick back in and rotate then pull out , one side of the stick will have the correct reading the other side will

have oil smeared up the stick.

wipe the stick and dip it again , you should get the same reading on one side of the stick.

There is no point continually dipping the stick after 2 goes , as i find all you end up doing is dragging oil up the dip stick pipe and YOU WILL get inaccurate inconsistent readings.

After 2 goes you may as well pack up what your doing and try the next day

This is what ive found after 3 years ownership and checking every week !

I can get good readings using my method and I'm confident it has the right level

the best way to check the oil is from cold

Pull out stick and wipe , push stick back in and rotate then pull out , one side of the stick will have the correct reading the other side will

have oil smeared up the stick.

wipe the stick and dip it again , you should get the same reading on one side of the stick.

There is no point continually dipping the stick after 2 goes , as i find all you end up doing is dragging oil up the dip stick pipe and YOU WILL get inaccurate inconsistent readings.

After 2 goes you may as well pack up what your doing and try the next day

This is what ive found after 3 years ownership and checking every week !

I can get good readings using my method and I'm confident it has the right level

Sound advice. ;):thumbs:

After the car has sat on level ground over night I read the oil level this way: pull the dipstick out first ~ wipe it clean ~ stick it back in & wait 10 seconds ~ then pull the dipstick out really, really, really slowly to get my reading. ;)

Pretty confident that works but occasionally have to repeat this procedure a few times just to be sure. :lol:

i did that

But I tryed the pull it out really quick got oil all over me 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk