Christmas lighting!

Blimsa

I like to use the Christmas lighting at Bluewater shopping center to get some slightly more interesting shots, heres a few I took this evening...

IMG_1886_zps048737b8.jpg

IMG_1853_zps950a1bfa.jpg

IMG_1864_zps7d37a15e.jpg

IMG_1865_zpsb17640de.jpg

IMG_1880_zps2e394a5e.jpg

These are still raw pulled from SD card so no editting yet - I am very new to the whole photography thing but am enjoying having attempts at differant shots.

All feedback welcome :)

Thanks for the comments guys.

I am hoping to get another shoot at some point soon after I have given the car a good clean, and hopefully if I can get a clearer night I could hopefully get some better pics as the moisture in the air that night I am sure was effecting the shots as light reflects.

My plate is hiding in my boot at the moment :lol: I think it looks best in there! I am hoping to get a stick on plate made up soon!

Thanks for the comments guys.

I am hoping to get another shoot at some point soon after I have given the car a good clean, and hopefully if I can get a clearer night I could hopefully get some better pics as the moisture in the air that night I am sure was effecting the shots as light reflects.

My plate is hiding in my boot at the moment :lol:I think it looks best in there! I am hoping to get a stick on plate made up soon!

If you don't like your front plate ruining your pictures you should get a retractable show plate. Like this;

Tarmac Sportz sell these I believe or possibly it was one of the other traders but very cool imo either way. :D

• 2 weeks later...

These were taken with a dslr - canon 600d with a 15-75 lens I think it is.

It was a bit cold to put the roof down that day, I actually don't hate the way the roadsters look with the roof up!

I went earlier on in December to avoid crowds, and was there a bit later on just before closing so it was less busy than usual!

Thanks for all the comments! If we get a few dry days soon I will organise a meet there to get some pics :-D

I actually done a little bit of editing on one of your photos when I first seen them but never got time to post it up.

You should invest in photoshop or similar. It will make a massive difference to the way your photos look.

Learning to use a DSLR properly and editing is a long long process. Every day I keep learning more and more. Brilliant hobby to get into though!

This is a photo taken on my canon 600d with the 18-55mm kit lens.

10934948023_488c849dea_b.jpg

My 350z by Neilp87, on Flickr

What I would add is don't post from photobucket as you will lose all the quality due to its shitty compression. Post from Flickr to keep decent quality in the photo. Flickr is excellent because you can browse other photos and see all the data on the settings of the camera for the photo.

This is a photo taken on my canon 600d with the 18-55mm kit lens.

10934948023_488c849dea_b.jpg

My 350z by Neilp87, on Flickr

What I would add is don't post from photobucket as you will lose all the quality due to its shitty compression. Post from Flickr to keep decent quality in the photo. Flickr is excellent because you can browse other photos and see all the data on the settings of the camera for the photo.

Neilp I think I'm in love with your Zed. :love:

Great picture and what a car. :clap:

Awesome pic NeilP!!

I actually have photoshop and have done a little editing myself. I will upload the pic to show you but I am a complete noob with Photoshop so be kind!

I will get better over time I hope as I really enjoy taking pics of cars and bikes and trying to capture the beauty that I can see from my point of view. I have various other interests and responsibilities that occupy the majority of my time but I will keep trying to improve. Hoping to get some good shots in March when we take our annual trip to Spa and the Nurbugring.