What would you do when this happens..??

WhackyWill

When I was in my teens this happened when my dad was driving us home about 2am.

It was an British Leyland Allegro and he mustn't of pushed the bonnet down properly.

The bonnet slammed up AND OFF!

Luckily road was deserted.

Dad slammed on the brakes.

We looked behind.....and a second later saw the bonnet come back to earth.

Edited by HEADPHONES

It also happened to me many years ago, I had a TR3A, cruising with the hood down when the bonnet flew

up smashed the small fly screen and hit me on the head causing a lump the size of a duck egg. The bonnet

was only held with two zeus fasteners which worked loose, after that it had two LARGE bonnet straps on it. :scare:

never even heard of that one

Bit off Topic.

They were built in Cologne for homologation to Groupe 5 which was then the World Touring Car Championship

They were all left hand drive and only in silver 2.8 liter V6 turbo LSD RS Interior, lots of other tweaks, You can always

tell a genuine RS 280T as the wheelbase is 9" longer. Mine was no 188 of the 250 made. :thumbs:

The thing is, from the looks of the steering wheel, cut offs, their helmets etc they look like seasoned track goers. So why didn't they spend £10 on some bonnet catches?! You can see if they aren't on properly easily. I have mine mounted so that I can see from the drivers seat if they aren't shut properly. That was easily avoidable!

The thing is, from the looks of the steering wheel, cut offs, their helmets etc they look like seasoned track goers. So why didn't they spend £10 on some bonnet catches?! You can see if they aren't on properly easily. I have mine mounted so that I can see from the drivers seat if they aren't shut properly. That was easily avoidable!

Looks like the driver got a ski helmet on..!! :scare: :scare: